• Show
Clear All

late/early model plate fillers

Early model plate filler:

51-13-1-888-463 Euro look

Late Model plate fillers:

51-13-1-961-241 Euro
    51-13-1-961-242 US

These are the numbers I got off another thread. I like the look of the US spec more but I have an early model ('88 aluminum bumpers) car. I have a vert, now my question is...just like the plastic bumper swap

Can I get the US spec plate filler for my vert and will it work or do I have to get teh euro one for the early model cars?

Thanks

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
    Can I get the US spec plate filler for my vert and will it work or do I have to get teh euro one for the early model cars?

Thanks
    Folllow the taillights.

If your cab has early taillights, you need an early plate filler. If it has late taillights, you may get a late plate filler.

-Erik

Comment

Here is 100% correct info for the pre-facelift "small" tailight cars for the Euro look. You should try to get the one with four holes, as it is the best fit (it is what I have) if you go with the Euro look. sorry - no idea on the US filler that sits raised and flush with the taillights.

Part # 51 13 1 888 463 ($56.36 Real OEM price) is the Euro plate filler look that fits US plate cars. Four holes for the four white mounts for the US style plates. Pictured on bottom.

Part # 51 13 1 888 450 ($30.97 Real OEM price) is the EXACT SAME size and style plate, only with two holes for the Euro style plates. Pictured on top.

Aaron

Comment

Thanks guys. I thought that with the different arches I would be able to get around it..don't know what I was thinking. I am going to contact BMA and see if they offer one but if now I guess I am going to get the euro.

Comment

tail lights tell all
          sigpic

Comment

Can you still get these from the dealer?
            1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

usually
              sigpic

Comment

So no one has ever seen a US spec filler for a early model car?

Comment

That's some good info as I am looking for an early style tail Euro plate filler myself
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                    So no one has ever seen a US spec filler for a early model car?
                    On the early ones, only the holes are different. Get whichever is cheaper and just drill it. I think the early US one might be NLA referencing to the euro one.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X