SO I'm a NOOB here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO I'm a NOOB here.

I just today bought an '88 325i convertible w/ 113k miles.
    Downside: Its an automatic

Car runs great, the only NECESSARY thing it needs is a new brake line, and to figure out whats wrong w/ the AC and heated seats (How the F**K does an '88 have heated seats?!)

Besides that If you guys could be so kind to point me in the right direction, that'd be dope.
    Im currently starting my search for a bunch of stuff that I need in order to do what I want to the car.
    Looking for:
    Euro Bumpers
    Complete interior (Panels all around, seats; both front and back, exhaust system and paintjob will eventually come, but I want a couple of other things first)

Bare with me please and thanks. I know I might be asking for alot, but hey, this thing is just about my baby already.

Thanks,
    D

hows your maintence history?
    Originally posted by unloadedak
    It's brand new. I've gripped the shaft a couple times and that's about it.

Comment

I'm not too sure. Like I stated, I just got it today. It was my fathers friends car. Dude said he's kept up with everything. But who knows if he was lying or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

get timing belt info and proof it was done or that should be first repair completed, congrats on e30
        sigpic

Comment

Alright. Thanks m8.
          Looking forward to becoming addicted to this forum

Comment

There's nothing wrong with an automatic. Got any pictures of it?

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Welcome!

Not to be that guy, but mechanical always comes before cosmetic. Timing belt and water pump first, followed by a check of the fuel hoses and lines, belts, brakes, suspension and bushings, and lights.

Then go crazy! :D
              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Only picture I've taken of it so far. It's gonna be at my dads garage for the next couple of days while I get some parts for it.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                  There's nothing wrong with an automatic. Got any pictures of it?

Not that there's anything wrong w/ an automatic, I just prefer manual on a car like this. I'll probably do a swap eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                    Welcome!

Not to be that guy, but mechanical always comes before cosmetic. Timing belt and water pump first, followed by a check of the fuel hoses and lines, belts, brakes, suspension and bushings, and lights.

Then go crazy! :D

THAT GUY is exactly who I need to point me in the right direction lolz.

Timing belt and water pump are definitely first on my list. The breaks too. I'm not too sure what's wrong with them, but the pedal is super stiff. I mean, they work, but still. The break also doesn't drop a little when I turn the car on like it should.
                    The guy said its the break line. But I'm not sure.

Comment

Awesome, congrats on the e30 man, great choice for a fun car!

Comment

Originally posted by VanceE30 View Post
                        Awesome, congrats on the e30 man, great choice for a fun car!

Thanks man! I'm looking forward to joining the car scene w/ this thing. I've only been a spectator since I have a bunch of friends that work on cars, yet I didnt have one to work on too.

Comment

Timing belt and water pump first. Secondly I don't think Euro bumpers wont fit on your car, either way plastic bumpers will bolt on just fine and its A LOT less expensive than euro bumpers. Also I don't think 1988 came with heated seats (could be wrong but don't think I am) so the heated seats might have been wired in wrong when added in by the PO
                          My Garage
                          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by dariel1013 View Post
                            THAT GUY is exactly who I need to point me in the right direction lolz.

Timing belt and water pump are definitely first on my list. The breaks too. I'm not too sure what's wrong with them, but the pedal is super stiff. I mean, they work, but still. The break also doesn't drop a little when I turn the car on like it should.
                            The guy said its the break line. But I'm not sure.

Based off of your description, you have a bad brake booster. If you want, it can be tested with a handheld vacuum pump.
                            IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                              Timing belt and water pump first. Secondly I don't think Euro bumpers wont fit on your car, either way plastic bumpers will bolt on just fine and its A LOT less expensive than euro bumpers. Also I don't think 1988 came with heated seats (could be wrong but don't think I am) so the heated seats might have been wired in wrong when added in by the PO

I actually think the heated seats are OEM. The switches look OEM and I see the same buttons in other e30's idk I could be wrong about the button function

Comment

Working...
                              X