No announcement yet.

M20 Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a blind kid welded that downpipe and dumptube.

Comment

looks sweet, very interested to see what's next :up:

Comment

I would go for a quality timing gear. you don't want it to slip and change adjustment under load..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          I would go for a quality timing gear. you don't want it to slip and change adjustment under load..
          Which one would be a good quality one ?

Comment

the nuke one is really nice
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

OK guys so talked to Teddy at MM for a bit and we think we may have figured something out that could work. Right now using the ETA crank (81mm stroke) my toyota supra piston will sit 1.66 back in the cylinder from the deck height. By using an M52 84mm crank, 130mm ETA rods, and the Toyota pistons the pistons would sit only 0.01mm back in the cylinder, which would work out perfect. Anyone ever hear of a similar setup before, M52 crank with 130mm rods I mean. Also keep in mind that the piston skirt is much higher than the M20 piston so there isnt an issue with the connecting rod hitting it with that much stroke.

Comment

Guys I have another question , how much bigger are the counterweights on an M52 84mm crank than an ETA 81mm crank ? I have about 7.5mm of clearance from the piston to the counterweights on the ETA crank, just wondering if ill have to skim off some of the counterweights on the M52 crank.

Comment

Hey guys sorry but been looking at the bills and the bills to come to make this project come together, I cant keep on with it. Im gunna sell my parts and just swap my rebuilt S38 into the E30. I will be posting up a for sale thread and the parts will be cheap. So sorry to those of you following this build as I wish I could press on but right now the funds just arent there and I have a mortage and a wife so the S38 swap is actually cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                  X