Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright guys, this is what a eta bottom end and i head gets you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe our car blew a head gasket (although I haven't touched it since parking it in the garage after our last race), so we'll have to at least pull the head anyway. Since I now have most of the parts needed to do the swap, it'd be silly not to.
    The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

Comment

Would this car run without the use of maga squirt?

Comment

you dont need MS, its better for outright performance but motronic with a chip will work just not optimal
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Nicely done OP. I like that you point out exactly what most people miss with the i head swap to an eta... the torque curve. Bascially the same peak torque, but you get more torque much lower in the range. Often times people just focus on HP, but your butt dyno is going to feel the torque way before the HP does anything. Even more so in an i swapped eta.

Now... how's your gas mileage compared to before? ;)
          90 325i DD/Track
          03 Durango 5.9

Originally posted by e30mpg
          It is recommended to get new gasket but this is R3v and we just copper spray that shit......slap biotch on and tighten to tq.

Comment

Thanks for the great write up, will be using the data much. It seems to me that if you're trying to make the eta quicker wouldn't it help to get rid of the dual mass flywheel pdq?
            Loonatic

Comment

Working...
            X