No announcement yet.

M42 radiator swap complete!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the transmission cooler lines that ran to the m20 radiator? The radiator I found has a tranny cooler on the front but the connections are different that's the m20 ones what do I need to do!?

Comment

1987 325is, S50B30US, Kamei side skirts, Zender Spoiler.
      MT2 Wheel, 95 M3 Rack, Condor Speed Shop knob, UUC SSK w/ DSSR, Billy Sports/GE Coilovers, KAMotors CAI.

Originally posted by MclubSport
      Why you have a badge on wheel ? You do not know what car you have? But if you have a mustache, you know better where is your mouth?

Horrible with responding to PMs, I'm so sorry.

Comment

Bringing back an old thread, I was thinking of doing this to clean up the engine bay but I want to know if someone has solved the power steering nut issue, thanks

Comment

Quick question for you guys.
          I'm going to run the stock fan, do I still need to get the temp. Switch?
          Any clarification would be great. Thanks
          BTW, I'm doing a 89 b25 swap on a 87 ETA.
          Last edited by Supratreo; 11-24-2016, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Well, got it mostly sorted out today but 2 quick questions.
            This is going in 87 e to I swap, I got all of recomended parts minus the electric fan and temp switch.
            I was trying to figure out how to install the buffer cup PN 17111712347 but just can't seem to figure it out. The car has 4 mounting point welded to the radiator support, 2 of which are being used. I can't see where that buffer cup would go but the radiator seems to sit very well on the 2 existing mounts. Do I just use those?
            Also, the top has bout 1/4" of play, is that normal? I don't want it to hit the fan or the drain plug to hit the PS pump because it's VERY close.

Thanks

Comment

Generally its loose in factory mounts. Push the drivers side one up from underneath and itl pop out of its slot and you can put the new one in its place.

Originally posted by Supratreo View Post
              Well, got it mostly sorted out today but 2 quick questions.
              This is going in 87 e to I swap, I got all of recomended parts minus the electric fan and temp switch.
              I was trying to figure out how to install the buffer cup PN 17111712347 but just can't seem to figure it out. The car has 4 mounting point welded to the radiator support, 2 of which are being used. I can't see where that buffer cup would go but the radiator seems to sit very well on the 2 existing mounts. Do I just use those?
              Also, the top has bout 1/4" of play, is that normal? I don't want it to hit the fan or the drain plug to hit the PS pump because it's VERY close.

Thanks

T U R B O - M 2 0 - B U I L D

M U S C C O O

Comment

thanks for the reply. that was the plan but BMW ordered the wrong part so we made it work. with all of the hoses connected and some packing on the top mounts it is very secure. we also chopped up the original fan shroud and made it work with the m20 fan. well try to get some pics up soon.

Comment

super helpful, thanks guys
                  Last edited by spiDmang; 06-15-2017, 11:47 AM.
                  -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                  91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                  08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                  04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                  Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                  Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Does anyone have an updated upper coolant hose they used for this? 11531722217 is NLA.
                    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                    X