No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting there. Fabbed all the components and test fitted. Everything looks great and lines up as planned.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

This is super cool! Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

L<3ve you
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
          This is super cool! Thank you for sharing!

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
          L<3ve you
          Haha thanks guys. Holding my judgement until I've setup a car and then taken it to a shop to check.

Must say it looks kinda cool sitting in the garage with all the apparatus installed!

Shadetree30

Comment

Here's another close up of the alignment rig hardware test fitted to the car. Last step was setting up the front and rear main bars with marks/notches on them to receive the string and maintain perfect parallel between each side. Did this the analog way with precise rules, triangle, and my expert eye. Drilled the marked spot with a small bit at the seam where the two beams were clamped to ensure perfect match between sides. Then used a file and dremel to smooth out the notches.

Before I go at the alignment I'm replacing rear wheel bearings. I noticed after installing the rebuilt axles (they look great with no leaks!) And new brakes I was hearing the pads scrape the disk when taking hard corners... wasn't sure what else to make of that other than possibly bad bearings so here we are. Picked up a bearing puller kit from Amazon, rented a slide hammer from autozone (need to buy one of these some day), got new FAG bearings nuts and collars, and went to town.

Inner bearing race came off with the hub on the first one, but otherwise it's been a piece of cake with the right tools. The hub puller/installer makes install/removal of the axles so easy.

Shadetree30

Comment

I did wheel bearing on mine the other day without the tool and it was a disgusting job. I wish I had bought it
              sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                I did wheel bearing on mine the other day without the tool and it was a disgusting job. I wish I had bought it
                These tools made it extremely easy. Like 1 hour total if I did it again.

Shadetree30

Comment

it's amazing how the right tool makes everything so, so, so much easier.

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but I tried to read through. But how are you liking that CM hydraulic throw out bearing? Is it pretty quiet when released, and did it make the pedal softer like they claim? How much adjustment would you say you get for the air gap with the supplied shims?

Also, what fuel hoses are you running? I saw you said what fittings you used but didn't see the fuel hose. This would work perfect for what I want to use with my swap.

Props on the build, I love reading through this thread. Your attention to detail is top tier!

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin0163 View Post
                      Maybe I missed it, but I tried to read through. But how are you liking that CM hydraulic throw out bearing? Is it pretty quiet when released, and did it make the pedal softer like they claim? How much adjustment would you say you get for the air gap with the supplied shims?

Also, what fuel hoses are you running? I saw you said what fittings you used but didn't see the fuel hose. This would work perfect for what I want to use with my swap.

Props on the build, I love reading through this thread. Your attention to detail is top tier!
                      I love it, very smooth operation and it was fairly easy to setup. Yes it included plenty of shims to get the stack correct. Makes no noise at all compared to my e36 with ltw flywheel if I disengage hard it makes some minor clanking noise. As far as softer pedal... I didn't notice much difference, maybe a bit. The twin disc setup is a fairly stiff pressure plate.

Fuel hose, it's one of the push to connect brand hose, probably the same brand as the fittings. Super easy to use. Russel I think?

Thanks man! Glad you enjoy it

Shadetree30

Comment

Just checked some spare fuel hose. Its aeroquip brand. Really nice hose. Looks like probably a parker hannifin product.

Shadetree30

Comment

Got some shiny parts just in time to do the alignment!

Also messed around with a yellow paint pen I had lying around... still on the fence with the tire letters

Shadetree30

Comment

I think it looks cool.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                              I think it looks cool.

I'm going to do another tire on the same side of the car and roll around for a day to decide. Kinda growing on me now that I saw the wheel on the car. Maybe I'll do either just letters or just the lightening bolts.
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post

I'm going to do another tire on the same side of the car and roll around for a day to decide. Kinda growing on me now that I saw the wheel on the car. Maybe I'll do either just letters or just the lightening bolts.
                                do it. it looks unique and not in a purple dash type of way. I think with the bronze car and the brownish wheels it's a perfect composition.

Comment

Working...
                                X