No announcement yet.

M20 AFM to M30 AFM with 19lb injector questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i gave the AFM with stock injectors another chance, and it seemed to get worse as the engine got hotter, RPMs went up so slow i thought my car might explode, the weird thing is at about 3/4 throttle it ran super smooth, but then i floor it and everything stops. I think i just keep things stock, what if i install the injectors and then still have the problem?

7speedshop.com

Comment

Maybe you should concentrate on getting the stock engine running in tip top condition before modifying it.

You need to test all your sensors to make sure they are within the prescribed parameters. The coolant temp sensor for the ecm could be out of spec. Possibly the air temp sensor in the AFM is bad. etc, etc...

You obviously have some kind of drivabiility problem and throwing bigger injectors and AFM on it is only going to make it worse.

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
      i gave the AFM with stock injectors another chance, and it seemed to get worse as the engine got hotter, RPMs went up so slow i thought my car might explode, the weird thing is at about 3/4 throttle it ran super smooth, but then i floor it and everything stops. I think i just keep things stock, what if i install the injectors and then still have the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
        lol, ok then, I'll have a noobie question, since it's here.

How about 325e?
        The eta's have 18.5# low impedence injectors. Don't fuck with it.

Want performance from your eta? Chip it and throw in a 3:46LSD, then lighten the car up. It will be plenty of fun and a hell of a lot more gains then screwing with the AFM. Take advantage of the torque the eta engine makes, don't kill it by opening up the intake.

Comment

Originally posted by peerless View Post
          Maybe you should concentrate on getting the stock engine running in tip top condition before modifying it.

You need to test all your sensors to make sure they are within the prescribed parameters. The coolant temp sensor for the ecm could be out of spec. Possibly the air temp sensor in the AFM is bad. etc, etc...

You obviously have some kind of drivabiility problem and throwing bigger injectors and AFM on it is only going to make it worse.
          but the car drives awesome with stock stuff, all sensors, hoses, belts,plugs,wires, are recent. the reason i'm having trouble is because i'm just using the AFM not bigger injectors.

7speedshop.com

Comment

but the car drives awesome with stock stuff, all sensors, hoses, belts,plugs,wires, are recent. the reason i'm having trouble is because i'm just using the AFM not bigger injectors.
            Based on the symptoms you posted in the last posts, it sounds more like your AFM is faulty, like it's giving the ECU incorrect air volume readings
            R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
              Based on the symptoms you posted in the last posts, it sounds more like your AFM is faulty, like it's giving the ECU incorrect air volume readings
              thats a possibility, i bought the AFM from ZM blue Devil, about a week ago.
              since the AFM's not being used at the moment how do i check if its working?
              i made a cool bracket for it.
              Last edited by kamotors; 08-19-2008, 05:31 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Anyone interested in kits?

I'm toying with the idea since Vines Auto sent an incorrect order to me which included 4 M20B25 throttle bodies. I am planning providing a 63mm throttle body, 027 AFM, rebuilt 19lb injectors (design 2, heard design 3's are problematic with this swap), and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator from Ruff. Altogether somewhere in the neighborhood or $400. If anyone is interested, please let me know, much rather sell kits than bits and pieces. I have been selling M30 throttles for a while now, figure I'd branch out a little.

Milos

Comment

Originally posted by Jordanmilos View Post
                  I'm toying with the idea since Vines Auto sent an incorrect order to me which included 4 M20B25 throttle bodies. I am planning providing a 63mm throttle body, 027 AFM, rebuilt 19lb injectors (design 2, heard design 3's are problematic with this swap), and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator from Ruff. Altogether somewhere in the neighborhood or $400. If anyone is interested, please let me know, much rather sell kits than bits and pieces. I have been selling M30 throttles for a while now, figure I'd branch out a little.

Milos
                  i didnt spend more than 100 bucks in total for all my purchases... i heard the e30 fuel regulator is good to 500 hp.

Comment

& you're comparing apples to oranges

Originally posted by p0cket penguins View Post
                    i didnt spend more than 100 bucks in total for all my purchases... i heard the e30 fuel regulator is good to 500 hp.

$100 wont get you a set of 19lb injectors from a reputable FI shop. E30 regulator is not adjustable...

Comment

I got mine off ebay and cleaned them myself for $24 with 45K miles on them.

Comment

I got mine off ebay and cleaned them myself for $24 with 45K miles on them.
                        All well and good but a rebuilt injectors has a lot more done to it.

Big bore throttle : $155 plus
                        Adjustable regulator : $140
                        Rebuilt injectors : $145
                        027 AFM : $50 off of Ebay

Total comes out to $490 on the low side. I would say $400 is reasonable considering the only thing that would not be a refurbished or new part is the AFM.

Comment

ok this forum has a forsale section too

Comment

ok this forum has a forsale section too
                            I know it does. I wasnt after a sale, just gauging whether there is any interest in a kit. Sounds like you're set so I wont counting you in.

Comment

i got rebuilt injectors for $60, AFM for $65

7speedshop.com

Comment

i got rebuilt injectors for $60, AFM for $65
                                Can you point me in the suppliers direction? :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X