alternator in columbus ohio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternator in columbus ohio?

actually its just my voltage regulator that crapped out. but I'm running with a fresh battery until I can get a new alternator or voltage regulator. If anyone has one closeby that would be awesome. Thanks!
    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

I'm having the same issue with my car David, but mine is in its early stage.

I'm going to Vato Zone tomorrow to get it tested.

Comment

Valeo or Bosch?

-Charlie
      Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
      '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
      FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
        I'm having the same issue with my car David, but mine is in its early stage.

I'm going to Vato Zone tomorrow to get it tested.

My regulator looked like the one on the right.

I was able to pull the voltage regulator off the alternator by just removing the airbox. If I were you I would do this first and order a regulator off bma ASAP before you get stranded on the side of the road like I was yesterday...60 miles from home in the country w/ no cell coverage.

Charlie, I have a bosch. I went ahead an ordered a new alternator from autozone for $190, but I'm wondering if that is overkill. Not sure how old the alternator is, but I know for sure the voltage regulator is trashed. How long does the alternator last? I have about 280k on my 318is

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post

My regulator looked like the one on the right.

I was able to pull the voltage regulator off the alternator by just removing the airbox. If I were you I would do this first and order a regulator off bma ASAP before you get stranded on the side of the road like I was yesterday...60 miles from home in the country w/ no cell coverage.

Charlie, I have a bosch. I went ahead an ordered a new alternator from autozone for $190, but I'm wondering if that is overkill. Not sure how old the alternator is, but I know for sure the voltage regulator is trashed. How long does the alternator last? I have about 280k on my 318is
          Dunno what the actual lifespan is, but just replacing the bushes & voltage regulator, I've never had an alternator "fail" outright.

-Charlie
          '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
          FYYFF

Comment

Do you have a spare regulator?

Comment

I've got a valeo unit sitting on the alternator.

-Charlie
              FYYFF

Comment

Working...
              X