275/35/15's, anyone running them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

275/35/15's, anyone running them?

So I have done some searching, here and other sites, trying to find more info on running Hoosiers 275/35/15 A6 on a DSP E30. There’s plenty of talk, but is anyone actually running them?

I have been using Hoosier 225's (which are more like 235's) on 14's and 15's for years now, they are pretty much as wide as you can go without fender cutting/flares. Mine is a reasonably quick DSP car but compared to national level competition it is severely under-tired. The 275's sound pretty appealing and I may be stupid enough to dump the kind of money needed to make it work.

Doing fender flares looks pretty straightforward and it seems there are a few options out there. The biggest issue (aside from cost) seems to be wheel options. Hoosier states the wheel width range at 9"-11". 10" sounds ideal but then it seems I might have to go custom if I want that size. It looks like there are a few options for Miata offsets in 15x9's. I do have a plethora of spacers in all sizes lying around.

Anyway, I'm more than halfway serious about doing this, anyone actually run this size?

Thanks,
    Justin
    sigpic

i did see someone run them on an undersized wheel (think the opposite of the stretched look) but they didn't roll too bad on him.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
    If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

For our Grassroots challenge car we run this tire on a 15x10 wheel.

FS:///M-Tech Wallets.
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=224601

Comment

Believe Alex from Team WTF runs tires in this tire size in the DC area auto X.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Greg, I think you are thinking of Kevin. I don't remember what size he runs but they are pretty wide. IDK if he's on here, but I know he goes by dchoya or something similar on e30tech.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Yes, Kevin Henry is the guy with the 275/35-15s. He's not technically a member of TeamWTF, but he is local to us.

I believe that he is on here as hoyabmw if you want to contact him.
            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
            2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
            1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
            1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
            - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
            1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
            Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30_325es View Post
              Greg, I think you are thinking of Kevin. I don't remember what size he runs but they are pretty wide. IDK if he's on here, but I know he goes by dchoya or something similar on e30tech.
              Yeah your right Jeff. There is an Alex on their team as well.

He used to run TeamWTF window shield graphics when I auto-x in DC area.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                Yes, Kevin Henry is the guy with the 275/35-15s. He's not technically a member of TeamWTF, but he is local to us.

I believe that he is on here as hoyabmw if you want to contact him.
                Thanks, I will PM him

Team WTF...nice :)
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X