Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will S50 Crankshaft and NV rods in M50 block work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will S50 Crankshaft and NV rods in M50 block work?

I know for sure the beefier NV 135mm rods will not clear the block with M54b30 crank (Stroke - 89.6mm). So now, will the S50 crankshaft (Stroke - 85.8mm) clear the block with 135mm NV rods? Has anyone tried this? Thanks

gets some S52 rods then
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
      gets some S52 rods then
      S52, M52B28, and m54b30 rods are the same and yes I know because I have them. I have seen and know people who used them in high power applications and many of them bend when hp reaches around 500. The only oem rods I’ve seen that that have been proven to with stand a lot of power are NV rods. Therefore, I’m planning to use NV rods or spend more cash and grab h-beams.

Comment

a set of Molnar rods are quite economical and good quality. they have good clearance to so they even fit an m20 block with 89.6 stroke

if the NV hit the bottom of bore with the shoulder of the rod then you can notch the bottom of bore
        Last edited by digger; 01-27-2019, 03:59 PM.
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
          a set of Molnar rods are quite economical and good quality. they have good clearance to so they even fit an m20 block with 89.6 stroke

if the NV hit the bottom of bore with the shoulder of the rod then you can notch the bottom of bore
          I was actually about to pull the trigger on some hbeam rods, then I saw someone selling a s50 crank (85.8) for crazy cheap, and the funny thing is, he lives a mile from where I live! Meant to be? So I grabbed it! I just test fit the nv rods and they pass. It is a “good to go”!

Digger, thanks for your comments, I appreciate you taking the time. Thanks
          Last edited by mini612; 01-27-2019, 10:14 PM.

Comment

If all it takes is notching the bores, I'd go for that 5% extra displacement. Now's the only time you'll be able to.

Comment

Working...
            X