Timing Tensioner ISSUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing Tensioner ISSUE

Hey guys bought a brand new timing belt tensioner from bmw marked. INA. The bearing has about .005 to .010 thoasands of play and its brand new 🤣. Where the old one on the car has zero play with 100k. Anyone experience this

New does not always mean good. Warranty it out. Quality control of new parts is not great these days.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Just curious if you measured the play or went by feel.

Comment

Just wanted to say there is nothing wrong with INA. They manufacture BMW's tensioners and pulleys and I use them on all of my BMW's exclusively. It could be a bad part...return it to the seller and have them replace it. Shouldn't be a problem for legitimate sellers.
        sigpic

92 325iC Diamantschwarz factory M-Technic appearance
        99 M Roadster Dakar Yellow II
        97 318ti Active Bostongrun DD
        01 Z3 3.0i Coupe Black Sapphire
        93 325iC Schwarz II. Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
          Hey guys bought a brand new timing belt tensioner from bmw marked. INA. The bearing has about .005 to .010 thoasands of play and its brand new ��. Where the old one on the car has zero play with 100k. Anyone experience this
          what kind of play? radial or axial? .005 radial is almost 5 times of the max play for any "extra loose" classification bearing

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
            New does not always mean good. Warranty it out. Quality control of new parts is not great these days.
            My goodness, you could not be more correct there.

Comment

Working...
            X