Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright guys, this is what a eta bottom end and i head gets you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30_lover_CT View Post
    I pretty much have this setup in my '90. It's a pretty ballsy setup. I noticed a significant improvement over the original stock 325i engine. The combo I have is the eta shortblock, i head, stock 5 speed (converted from auto), and I think a 4.10 rear since my car was originally an auto and it's a 325is. Coolbeans! I just sold the '90 to a dude who's going to turbo it... he's an r3v'er too so hopefully he'll keep us abreast of his progress.
    Cool, my buddy that had a stock 325i said this setup felt quicker, I doubt it's much quicker if at all but the extra down low torque makes for a better daily driver, you can really feel it he was saying.

You really scored on your 84, that colour makes that car.

Comment

Originally posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
      Got any pictures of the welding?
      You know I don't beleive so, I can ask the guy that welded it. He did a really nice job, after getting it resurfaced there were no pin holes or any dips it was smooth and level. You can get it done for a reasonable price locally if your interested I can pm you his details, he's less than an hour drive away.

Comment

Originally posted by Aveman View Post
        You really scored on your 84, that colour makes that car.
        It definitely does, but it makes my car stick out like a sore thumb... I'm substantially more paranoid about driving it around where I live - my neighborhood gets grainy a few blocks in either direction. Someone threw a glass bottle at my car on Friday when I refused to buy jewelry from them in a parking lot but they missed by about 10 feet. It was when I was driving away...they had threatened me physically and I was like SHIT...I can't peel out and make a fast getaway because my guibo's realllllllllly iffy! Piece of shit excuse for a human being... honestly.
        Rob - Hartford, CT
        Current: 1989 325iS coupe - "Brutus"
        Lachssilber, black leather sports interior, 5 speed, imported to US in 1991.
        Mods: H&R, Bilstein, Brembo, Treehouse, vintage black basketweaves

RIP: 1984 325e coupe - "Helga"

Comment

It definitely does, but it makes my car stick out like a sore thumb... I'm substantially more paranoid about driving it around where I live - my neighborhood gets grainy a few blocks in either direction. Someone threw a glass bottle at my car on Friday when I refused to buy jewelry from them in a parking lot but they missed by about 10 feet. It was when I was driving away...they had threatened me physically and I was like SHIT...I can't peel out and make a fast getaway because my guibo's realllllllllly iffy! Piece of shit excuse for a human being... honestly.
          Well you know those diving boards can really take an impact......:D

Comment

Originally posted by Aveman View Post
            Well you know those diving boards can really take an impact......:D
            Haha, hey now... they have their charm :-P
            Rob - Hartford, CT
            Current: 1989 325iS coupe - "Brutus"
            Lachssilber, black leather sports interior, 5 speed, imported to US in 1991.
            Mods: H&R, Bilstein, Brembo, Treehouse, vintage black basketweaves

RIP: 1984 325e coupe - "Helga"

Comment

i have a super eta bottomend with an i head, it runs like crap on the stock ignition system, i have megasquirt here and am planning on installing it over winter, good to read that it showed some gains for people

jam
              Originally posted by Mr Watsonsilver
              driving boards?

Comment

they have their charm :-P
                But you still need euro bumpers. They have charm too.

Comment

So what's the advantage of welding the block of head?

Comment

Originally posted by jmarch View Post
                    If I read this correctly, the original poster used non-super eta pistons. For someone who already has an "I" engine (like me), but does not want aftermarket pistons, has anyone dynoed an M20 with super eta pistons, "I" head and cam, eta or turbo crank, M30 AFM, adj FPR and M50 injectors?
                    Same sentiment! I have basically the exact same set up (eta w/ SETA pistons, bran-d new spanish 885 casting, I cam), but with 24 lb injectors and a Cartech billet rrfpr (so I can give it less fuel pressure rather than more) I'm currently running a little lean (iirc 14.0 AFR at WOT). So any guesses as to what my car is making?

P.S. Second post!

Comment

Originally posted by e30esque View Post
                      Same sentiment! I have basically the exact same set up (eta w/ SETA pistons, bran-d new spanish 885 casting, I cam), but with 24 lb injectors and a Cartech billet rrfpr (so I can give it less fuel pressure rather than more) I'm currently running a little lean (iirc 14.0 AFR at WOT). So any guesses as to what my car is making?

P.S. Second post!

Members ride thread please. Since youre from Rochester, I need to see.

Comment

I'd guess about 160-165whp with the "seta" setup, still using motronic.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by bwanac View Post
                          Members ride thread please. Since youre from Rochester, I need to see.

Will do. Car is in Suffern, NY which is about 5 hours from Rochester. Going to school here at RIT and the motor was just finished last break. Hopefully i'll be able to bring it up after March. I do have some old pics from last year though, so I'll put those up. (sorry to threadjack, continue with stroker discussion!)

Comment

i am planning on doing the same thing i have just bought a I head and my block is Eta... is there any other specifications, or is it just a direct bolt on the the bottom end. If it is different please let me know !!!
                            sigpicWhite Rock Crew

Comment

Originally posted by lovemy318 View Post
                              So what's the advantage of welding the block of head?
                              Less chance of head gasket slip under boost.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                                I'd guess about 160-165whp with the "seta" setup, still using motronic.
                                Yeah I'd guess around 160 WHP.

Comment

Working...
                                X