Bremerton Track Day IRDC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bremerton Track Day IRDC

Had a great time this last saturday at Bremerton Raceway with the IRDC lapping day. 6-7 E30's were there and a few other BMW's including a race prepped E36 that appeared to be the fastest car on track. As usual, at least one car/driver had a bad day, an Acura Integra lost his left front wheel while on track, he was lucky it was a safe spot on track for it to happen.

I got a few video clips as well, here is a short one of me taking the last corner before the big straight.
    This is the last corner leading on to the front straight.-~-~~-~~~-~~-~-Do we have too many knives? Please watch: "Knife Storage FAIL - Too many loose knives...

I will post more under my youtube profile.

Any others with pics/vids from saturday?
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Some more
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

nice pics. what tires did you run?

how was that ix doing? he has an IE 3.0 stroker kit, put down 160whp on a stock chip. I bet those 17" wheels were killin him though :p
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Wish I had known about this earlier, would have tried to make it. Oh well, next year hopefully I won't have as many projects so I can do some more car stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          nice pics. what tires did you run?

how was that ix doing? he has an IE 3.0 stroker kit, put down 160whp on a stock chip. I bet those 17" wheels were killin him though :p

I ran my "rain tires", treaded RA1's...they are now slicks :|. Its ok, thats the second track day on those tires and I used them for an autocross. I figure that thier life has just begun!

I could feel the extra power in Chad's IX, (the passenger in that pic is me)and he had the second highest straight speed of the E30's, but it didnt matter much cause he was on some junk rubber, and ya 17's dont help!

My friend Alex has the white car w/o bumpers (he's a crazy mofo on chuckanut), he was doing some pretty impressive laps in only his second track day ever. That guy is gonna be one to beat in the future.
          Last edited by 10/10ths; 10-29-2007, 06:51 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cheades View Post
            Wish I had known about this earlier, would have tried to make it. Oh well, next year hopefully I won't have as many projects so I can do some more car stuff.

Ya, hope to see you around more Craig, would have been cool to run with you on track again! Plan for early April!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 10/10ths View Post
              Ya, hope to see you around more Craig, would have been cool to run with you on track again! Plan for early April!
              where is that going to be? I really need to make one of these.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                where is that going to be? I really need to make one of these.
                Bremerton, they use the whole thing and setup a simple track.

Nice to see Alex finally on the track, is he missing the bumpers due to driving a bit too hard?

Comment

I meant to say when. lol.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I thought that was only for drag racing? How long is the track and how many turns?

I can't even find a map of the track.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by cheades View Post
                      Nice to see Alex finally on the track, is he missing the bumpers due to driving a bit too hard?

;) You guessed it, lol. Considering what happend (on Chuckunut) he is lucky there wasnt more damage. But it turned out to be the perfect excuse to upgrade to Euro bumpers, they are on the way now.

(alejandro himself should post that story!)

Justin
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                        I thought that was only for drag racing? How long is the track and how many turns?

I can't even find a map of the track.
                        There is no track map, it is simply an airstrip, an access road, and some connecting roads that can be combined to form track/autocross/drivers schools. Usually cones but sometimes tire stacks make up the course. You could almost describe a bremerton track day as a high speed autocross. It's not as exciting as say, PIR or PR, but for what it is its very fun.

They do have drags there and you run over the VHT during a lapping day, it makes it more interesting.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice pics! I hope I can make it next time.
                          Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by 10/10ths View Post
                            There is no track map, it is simply an airstrip, an access road, and some connecting roads that can be combined to form track/autocross/drivers schools. Usually cones but sometimes tire stacks make up the course. You could almost describe a bremerton track day as a high speed autocross. It's not as exciting as say, PIR or PR, but for what it is its very fun.

They do have drags there and you run over the VHT during a lapping day, it makes it more interesting.
                            Sounds like a good replacement for off weekends.
                            How much was the entrance fee?
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Fee is like $100, cheap for over an hour of track time. It used to be $60 but the track rental cost has gone up lately.

VHT is fun when it is dry but really sucks in the wet. Its like driving on ice only you never know when the car is actually going to get traction.

Comment

Working...
                              X