No announcement yet.

Bremerton Track Day IRDC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering most other track outside of the PNW are asking $200.00 plus per day that's a bargain.

Dry days only, got it.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Wet days are fun to, but you DO have to be aware of that VHT.

Craig, were you there that time David L. totalled his E36 at Bremerton in 2004?...I think it was a BMW ground school.

At the end of the day, an instructor David, took three students out for laps on the wet but drying track. I believe it was at a right/left transition (over the VHT) when the rear of the car snapped a 180 and he went backwards into the concrete barrier at 60mph or so. Saw the whole thing, it was crazy how fast the car snapped and how fast he went into the wall. Everyone was fine but the car was crunched up something fierce. I cant seem to find the pics Jenna took of it. I remember the locked-up tire marks in the grass that went for like 200ft.

The VHT can be a little scary.
      sigpic

Comment

Joshh - the extra money for other track days gives you a few nice things, instruction (IRDC doesn't offer anything) and a much more fun track so don't rule them out simply because they are more expensive.

I don't remember that Justin, I do remember one of the last times a 996 GT3 spun in the rain and went into that big dirt pile and did minor damage. Only other bad one was a compact that went pretty hard into the center barrior.

Comment

I almost put my car into a wall on wet Bremerton VHT too. If it wasn't for the ditch that stopped my car less than 3 feet from the wall I would have been doing some major repairs on my car.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cheades View Post
            Joshh - the extra money for other track days gives you a few nice things, instruction (IRDC doesn't offer anything) and a much more fun track so don't rule them out simply because they are more expensive.

I don't remember that Justin, I do remember one of the last times a 996 GT3 spun in the rain and went into that big dirt pile and did minor damage. Only other bad one was a compact that went pretty hard into the center barrior.
            Cost isn't always the issue. I've been on both Buttonwillow and Thunderhill let alone PIR. Both were expensive but totally worth the experience. I loved Thunderhill.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
              Cost isn't always the issue. I've been on both Buttonwillow and Thunderhill let alone PIR. Both were expensive but totally worth the experience. I loved Thunderhill.
              Bremerton will feel like your driveway compared to thunderhill. I really wanna go there.

But like I say, for what it is, Bremerton is alot of fun...good place to work on skills, test and tune or just have fun chasing down other cars.
              sigpic

Comment

we all could have fun on your driveway 10/10ths if you wouldn't get in trouble.heheh
                "Farming wookies for your militia"
                fjfiveten at yahoo dot com
                3six0.3nine2.8four5one

Comment

i love lapping days in @ brem. in the rain, it really is a good way to get experience. im assuming your all talking about turn 7 coming back onto the straight? i have never lost it at bremerton but i have held some scary slides to the curbing.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Wookie

My driveway could be a rallycross yes, but until I move out it is off limits:(
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                      I almost put my car into a wall on wet Bremerton VHT too. If it wasn't for the ditch that stopped my car less than 3 feet from the wall I would have been doing some major repairs on my car.
                      I remember that...I was so relieved to get a thumbs up from you as I drove by from the other side of the barrier.
                      sigpic
                      An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

Comment

Working...
                      X