No announcement yet.

Let’s talk about Antifa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my bad. i trimmed some of the referral crap out of the url because i don't like giving people internet herpes. try again, please
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Interesting that the group who is worried about a fascist, silencing dissent, and shutting down unfavorable journalists would beat the shit out of a journalist, and a gay minority journalist at that. Rationalize away.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
        Interesting that the group who is worried about a fascist, silencing dissent, and shutting down unfavorable journalists would beat the shit out of a journalist, and a gay minority journalist at that. Rationalize away.
        haven't heard anything about this. mind dropping a link to go with your assertion?
        past:
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:

Comment

It reported he was kept overnight in the hospital with brain bleeding. It’s also reported the “milkshakes” were quick set concrete, so essentialy they were making bricks to throw.

Sad that this is just about completely ingnored by mainstream media. If the proud boys had done this it would have lead every major network AND RIGHTFULLY SO. This should not be swept under the rug regardless of who is doing it. It’s wrong and dangerous.

Question; would this have been a justified use of force had he been carrying? If he had been armed and defended himself then what? This shit is gonna turn deadly. I hope it doesn’t but all the ingredients are their for a huge conflict. These mayors and police departments better crack down before the next confrontation.
          Last edited by naplesE30; 07-01-2019, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
            https://www.mediaite.com/news/conser...-antifa-rally/

It reported he was kept overnight in the hospital with brain bleeding. It’s also reported the “milkshakes” were quick set concrete, so essentialy they were making bricks to throw.

Sad that this is just about completely ingnored by mainstream media. If the proud boys had done this it would have lead every major network AND RIGHTFULLY SO. This should not be swept under the rug regardless of who is doing it. It’s wrong and dangerous.

Question; would this have been a justified use of force had he been carrying? If he had been armed and defended himself then what? This shit is gonna turn deadly. I hope it doesn’t but all the ingredients are their for a huge conflict. These mayors and police departments better crack down before the next confrontation.
            when i got injured during a protest action, people posting in this thread laughed about it.

i think that gives me license to say that if you're going to jump in the middle of the shit, you might get hit.

proud boys have done worse than this, and it didn't receive the coverage you say it deserved.
            past:
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:

Comment

As usual, in Oregon. Face covering cowards like the KKK. Throwing stuff at the guy from behind and flexing like they are hard.

Weird you don't see that in states where people typically carry.

Those soybois know they'd get there asses blown away trying to pull that crap in other parts of the country.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

We’re you injured or attacked? I have been injured by rolling an ankle in basketball. If you were injured by being attacked it should be condemned, and not laughed at. However, two wrong don’t make a right even if that happened to you, which it shouldn’t. If you were part of a group doing violence and destroying property and you were attacked that can complicate things a bit. If you attack someone and get beat up yourself that’s a far cry from being sucker punched if you know what I mean.

Are you saying if a journalist is going to document Antifa they should be preapared to be attacked because it just comes with the territory? He wasn’t hit by a stray object or tear gas can from police. He was deliberately attacked. Please dont try to down play it. Doesn’t that have a silencing effect? If your cause is noble, why would they be for silencing the press by beating them up?

This is a sincere question for you, and you don’t need to respond if you don’t want to. Have you changed in your beliefs of what is justifiable since joining antifa? Would you have supported people who unprovoked, would attack someone because of their job. Do you have a hard line you won’t cross, and if so what was that line before you became involved with antifa, and what is it now?
                Last edited by naplesE30; 07-01-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

your question doesn't have an answer, because you don't "join" antifa. it's an ideology, not an organization. your actions are whatever you decide to do as an individual, and you are responsible for them. rule #1 for me is "don't get caught", which is why i have stories about actions in north dakota and several parts of california that don't involve me getting arrested. and yes, those stories include getting sucker-hit by a cop when i was hands up and complying with his orders to move back as fast as i could with a crowd behind me.

i've seen these alt-right "journalists" showing up at protests and trying to bait people into making statements that can be packaged into soundbites to distribute on alt-right media to inflame the less-informed populace that falls for that kind of shit (ahem), and trying to bait people (like me, directly) into swinging at them so they can "document the violence". that guy you're talking about isn't a journalist, he's an agitator, and he knew what he was getting into when he threw himself into the middle of the fray with a go-pro on a stick.

posting on twitter how you had to go to the ER after you willingly entered a fight is kind of a bitch move, wouldn't you say?

from his perspective, or mine. if you throw yourself into the middle of this cultural unrest we're currently experiencing, expect to get hit or stay out. if you have questions about why this is our new reality, consider who you voted for and, depending on what your vote was in the 2016 republican primary, how that might have exacerbated an already aisle-divided system.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

Didn't vote for Trump in primary or general. So nice try. However, I can see people being driven to his side by your organizations actions. He will win in a landslide especially in an electoral landslide due to this new electoral college craziness. Your homestate will be casting all there votes for him when he loses the state by millions of votes. Anyway on to my point.

The funny thing about Trump is how much he is loved or loathed by each side based completely on perceptions. Example, many gun lovers, not all to be sure, love the guy even when he has in reality been more restrictive and anti gun than Obama. Lol how is that possible? . Along the same lines he has also been responsible for criminal justice reform, largely accepted as a law to help minorities, truly a racist action. But believe what you will.

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                      if you have questions about why this is our new reality, consider who you voted for and, depending on what your vote was in the 2016 republican primary, how that might have exacerbated an already aisle-divided system.
                      So your disagreement with the results of a democratic election is a legitimate excuse to engage in violent protest to suppress opposing political views? seems kind of like fascism.

I agree with naples post above. I never really liked Trump and always felt like he was kind of an egotistical blowhard, however politically he seems fairly centrist and undeserving of the virulence he receives.

It's almost like there is a group of people out there with a lot to gain by dividing us..

Also per news reports the reporter was hospitalized with a traumatic brain hemorrhage, aka attempted murder.

If your #1 rule is, "Don't get caught." doesn't that indicate deep down you know you're doing something wrong?

Comment

Really..?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WzMZxT-41k

And the vid of the antifa sew rats hitting an older guy with metal bar, then proceeding to hit the guy who stepped in to stop that in the head also..

How the hell can you try and justify that? Jesus Christ...

They literally tried to kill two people...
                        Last edited by MrBurgundy; 07-01-2019, 01:15 PM.
                        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                        Q
                        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
                          If your #1 rule is, "Don't get caught." doesn't that indicate deep down you know you're doing something wrong?
                          no, it does not, because i do not conflate legality with morality. :)
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            Really..?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WzMZxT-41k

And the vid of the antifa sew rats hitting an older guy with metal bar, then proceeding to hit the guy who stepped in to stop that in the head also..

How the hell can you try and justify that? Jesus Christ...

They literally tried to kill two people...
                            that "older guy" was walking around with an asp baton looking for someone to whack with it.

once again. if you go looking for trouble, you're probably going to find it.
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                              no, it does not, because i do not conflate legality with morality. :)
                              I think you need to get that particular internal compass re-calibrated
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                I think you need to get that particular internal compass re-calibrated
                                i'm sure you do think that, and it's all the more reason i'm sure it's on true north
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X