No announcement yet.

1989 325iX - Alpine Rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good! The rest of the car must be in great shape underneath if the struts were that clean. Somebody will end up with a real nice ride.

MJ

Comment

Wow, that carpet piece showed up fast! Looks great. Glad I could help. AB
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
        Looking good! The rest of the car must be in great shape underneath if the struts were that clean. Somebody will end up with a real nice ride.

MJ
        Thanks, Matt! Agreed, she's going make a great daily or weekend cruiser for someone.

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
        Wow, that carpet piece showed up fast! Looks great. Glad I could help. AB
        I actually didn't know what it was until I opened it, as I wasn't expecting it that soon! Worked out perfectly though. Thanks again!
        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Looking gooooooooooood :)

Glad to see ix's being properly fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by notanawdix80 View Post
            Looking gooooooooooood :)

Glad to see ix's being properly fixed.
            Thanks!

I got her back together this weekend, finally. Thankfully, this should be the last time I'll have to refresh front iX axles.

Completely disassembled, cleaned, checked for wear/replaced worn parts, paint, reassemble with GKN boots.

This is my first time driving the car since I completed all the maintenance including a full drivetrain Redline/LiquiMoly fluid change, Bilsteins up front, KYB's out back, H&R springs, inner/out tie rods, Meyle HD endlinks, and a ton of other stuff. It drives like a dream, I can't wait to get it aligned. Front brakes had 12/32 on them, I disassembled the calipers and cleaned/greased everything and replaced the rubber grommets on the pins that always crack.

I have a small exhaust leak in the cat section and I broke a brittle ABS sensor while disconnecting it. Just a few more small things to go! I have almost all the parts for an R134 conversion and all the parts to upgrade the throttle body vacuum fittings, so once I get time I'm going to do that stuff as well.

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

Comment

Wish my IX was that clean!

Slowly and painstainkenly trying to save my 88 IX coupe. Recently I’ve been wrestling with the ABS system, finally narrowed it down to sensor issues. I’ve been scouring the forums to see if those sensors are IX specific. I’ve read through a few of your posts and you seem the filled with much knowledge, hoping you can help!

3 of my sensors are bad. Two of them mangled while removing and one I’m going to try and repair a broken wire. My buddy has a few laying around from his IS and would love to be able to throw those in instead of buying new or searching for IX ones.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mvader View Post
                Wish my IX was that clean!

Slowly and painstainkenly trying to save my 88 IX coupe. Recently I’ve been wrestling with the ABS system, finally narrowed it down to sensor issues. I’ve been scouring the forums to see if those sensors are IX specific. I’ve read through a few of your posts and you seem the filled with much knowledge, hoping you can help!

3 of my sensors are bad. Two of them mangled while removing and one I’m going to try and repair a broken wire. My buddy has a few laying around from his IS and would love to be able to throw those in instead of buying new or searching for IX ones.

Thanks!
                I can't actually find iX ABS sensors on real OEM but I see no reason why they would be different to regulars in the rear, and it would make sense if the fronts were the same too
                sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                  I can't actually find iX ABS sensors on real OEM but I see no reason why they would be different to regulars in the rear, and it would make sense if the fronts were the same too

Realoem is basically my homepage every time I log onto my computer lol I found it strange that they weren’t on there.

Had another post on here about my ABS issues, someone commented that the rears are interchangeable but the fronts are side and IX specific. Ended up biting the bullet and buying new ones that “fit” my car according to ECS tuning.

I get them in Friday so I guess we’ll see!

Thanks!

Comment

The alpine rescue has moved on to a new home.

Comment

You did a great job cleaning that sucker up! Great work Bobby! Let me know when you have a spare set of IX struts housings and then save them for me for like a few years till I can get them shipped here. I kid... but really.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                        You did a great job cleaning that sucker up! Great work Bobby! Let me know when you have a spare set of IX struts housings and then save them for me for like a few years till I can get them shipped here. I kid... but really.
                        Thanks, man! This was my last iX...... I am no longer AWDBOB in relation to E30s :(

I have a set of coilover core strut housings you could have on the cheap. You need Ground Controls!

Comment

Yea I gotta get the IX lowered to Nando status/quality

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Car looks superb! Well done.

Comment

Working...
                            X