R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > Off Topic Lounge

Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM   #9571
Sonny
Loves tiny things

Nonsense Thread

I love this car but why does everyone like to tell me Im an idiot and that Im wasting my money to maintain it.

And to get , heaven forbid, a new one.

Last edited by Sonny; Yesterday at 10:22 AM.
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #9572
mrsleeve
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title

Exodus. you got pm... and medical issues are rough to deal with best wishes and prayers to you and yours for a negitive lyme, and preeclampsia and positive results with everything
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
William Pitt-
mrsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM   #9573
Powling
E30 Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
I love this car but why does everyone like to tell me Im an idiot and that Im wasting my money to maintain it.

And to get , heaven forbid, a new one.
I mean, they are probably right about at least one of those things...
Powling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM   #9574
flyboyx
R3V OG

Lol.

Which one?

Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black
flyboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM   #9575
LJ851
R3V OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
Dont worry in my opinion the doctors know best and also my first girl spent over a week in NICU, shes perfectly healthy

You have children ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammin.e28
The M30 is God's engine.
LJ851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM   #9576
2mAn

I believe nothing that man says
Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon View Post
Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.
2mAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #9577
Sonny
Loves tiny things

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mAn View Post
I believe nothing that man says

Dad?
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM   #9578
kickinindian
R3VLimited

how pregnant is your wife?! we had a pre-e scare but i cant imagine all that shit on top of it! stay strong man!
kickinindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:14 PM   #9579
Exodus_2pt0
R3V Elite

So quick update! We are back home now, and she is still pregnant!

Ruled out preeclampsia, and lyme. Nobody knows why her liver enzymes are elevated and we are still waiting for blood tests to come back to have more potentials ruled out.

End of the day, they said the baby is healthy, and since she only has the elevated enzymes (along with bellspaly), they are OK with monitoring her for the next 3 weeks and waiting for the baby to come when ready.

They put her on some meds to fight any possible infection in the meantime since the kid is basically fully developed already at this point.

Side note, I think after this I will go ahead and get the hepatitis vaccine that my work is willing to pay for. I occasionally have to work with toilet tanks on our coach cars, so I figure it would be better for my family to just get it.

Sleeve, I appreciate the PM. I haven't opened them yet because we just got home, but I will check it in the AM after some much needed sleep.

Sonny, I don't completely agree with you. With the first kid our Doctor was pushing hard for a cesarean section. Forced them to remove it from the agreement she signed. She told my Mother in law that she KNEW my wife would need a cesarean birth. Turns out, she had a cesarean scheduled 15 minutes from when our child came. I am quite sure that she just wanted to give my Wife a cesarean delivery out of her own personal convenience.

Doctors don't always put the desires of the patient first. There is money involved, and personal interests that often come in to play. I am not satisfied with a basic "oh, well the mother and baby are healthy so everything is OK." No, if you want to cut open my wife, you better have a damn good reason and I am going to make sure that we don't sign away any legal right we have to challenge that decision after all is said and done.
Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.
Exodus_2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM   #9580
2mAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
Doctors don't always put the desires of the patient first. There is money involved, and personal interests that often come in to play. I am not satisfied with a basic "oh, well the mother and baby are healthy so everything is OK." No, if you want to cut open my wife, you better have a damn good reason and I am going to make sure that we don't sign away any legal right we have to challenge that decision after all is said and done.
Glad your wife is doing well, and I 100% agree with the entire medical facility. Its becomes such a business now. Ridiculous
Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon View Post
Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.
2mAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #9581
LowR3V'in
No R3VLimiter

Send a message via AIM to LowR3V'in
Quote:
Anybody have experience with Bells Palsy?
a co worker got it he looked like he was having stroke at first but it was just his face.

but ya it's caused by hurpes.
Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM   #9582
majdomo
Wrencher

Quote:
So quick update! We are back home now, and she is still pregnant!

Ruled out preeclampsia, and lyme. Nobody knows why her liver enzymes are elevated and we are still waiting for blood tests to come back to have more potentials ruled out.

End of the day, they said the baby is healthy, and since she only has the elevated enzymes (along with bellspaly), they are OK with monitoring her for the next 3 weeks and waiting for the baby to come when ready.

They put her on some meds to fight any possible infection in the meantime since the kid is basically fully developed already at this point.

Side note, I think after this I will go ahead and get the hepatitis vaccine that my work is willing to pay for. I occasionally have to work with toilet tanks on our coach cars, so I figure it would be better for my family to just get it.

Sleeve, I appreciate the PM. I haven't opened them yet because we just got home, but I will check it in the AM after some much needed sleep.

Sonny, I don't completely agree with you. With the first kid our Doctor was pushing hard for a cesarean section. Forced them to remove it from the agreement she signed. She told my Mother in law that she KNEW my wife would need a cesarean birth. Turns out, she had a cesarean scheduled 15 minutes from when our child came. I am quite sure that she just wanted to give my Wife a cesarean delivery out of her own personal convenience.

thank god the baby is good. the rest is still more than enough. so sorry you are going through this...take care of you and yours and be well.

agreed re: medical enterprise. it's all a business, it sucks and you have to be your own advocate about a lot of stuff you may not be an expert with. if that means being a fucking asshole, well....guess you're a fucking asshole with a healthy family.

oh and get the hep shots. pain in the ass but worth it.
majdomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM   #9583
kickinindian
R3VLimited

Hospitals push for C-sections to get more money out of the mom who will need pain meds plus extras hospital stay time and possible return visits if not healing correctly or even physical therapy if their muscles are cut wrong so they cant walk
kickinindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:26 AM   #9584
Melon
Mod Crazy

I leave for vacation, and things happened.
Old Today, 06:28 AM   #9585
Melon
Mod Crazy

Wishing you and your wife the best Exodus!
Sounds like scary shit.