Weekly Meet in College Park Starbucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
    wtf! My car is too loud so I can't bring it because it sounds like it doesn't have either a cat or a muffler...

wtf! all e30's leak ps fluid

wtf! I work on cars for a living, how do I show up somewhere not smelling like stank ass?

Oh and just to add on. If you guys see anybody disrespecting the manners tell them they need to stop and leave :)
    yea I was going to add, no kids taking off their shirt and showing theirs rolls and skateboarding in the parking lot. hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
      yea I was going to add, no kids taking off their shirt and showing theirs rolls and skateboarding in the parking lot. hahaha.
      Damn... Hi H8er!
      I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
      2875-C Towerview Road
      Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

This is to gauge some interest. Regardless if we get a official group going or not I know a couple of us locals would make it a unofficial night anyways. But I would like to see some feedback on what interest we have for something like this.

As with all public meets, there is always problems that we need to avoid. This should be a clean, socializing event. Not a DIY.

1.) no peeling out
        2.) don't show up without a cat/ muffler.
        3.) don't show up with a car leaking coolant, ps fluid etc.
        4.) don't show up smelling like motor oil, oil drench shirt, etc.
        5.) this is not for show-boaters, arrogant pricks, or immature kids.
        6.) Its for networking and meeting enthusiast.

Date: Every Friday
        Time: 7:30 pm (starbucks close at 9:30)
        Are you sure you're inviting the E30 crew?? Because I'm pretty sure the 3rd one is out of the question... and 4 is a little outlandish and silly to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by ShesRockinAdurty30 View Post
          Are you sure you're inviting the E30 crew?? Because I'm pretty sure the 3rd one is out of the question... and 4 is a little outlandish and silly to ask.
          haha if you want to get kicked out of a place or get fined, the third one is more than imperative. Imagine the location we visit always leaves a puddle of coolant.

4th is kind of simple... just bring a shirt that isnt look like you just came from work... if you work on cars for a living that is.

hence is the difference between a good PUBLIC social event versus being the typically car people that is associated with immaturity and simply people that is blatantly breaking the law. Bottom line is sustainability.

hence if it was at greg's shop, and personal property, I would care less, and if we are there working on cars, the more the reason to e waht ever. but in public places you bet those things on the list are important.

Comment

haha if you want to get kicked out of a place or get fined, the third one is more than imperative. Imagine the location we visit always leaves a puddle of coolant.

4th is kind of simple... just bring a shirt that isnt look like you just came from work... if you work on cars for a living that is.

hence is the difference between a good PUBLIC social event versus being the typically car people that is associated with immaturity and simply people that is blatantly breaking the law. Bottom line is sustainability.

hence if it was at greg's shop, and personal property, I would care less, and if we are there working on cars, the more the reason to e waht ever. but in public places you bet those things on the list are important.
            I don't believe Viet has a shirt that isn't stained with oil lol. I'm just giving you a hard time.. I understand. I think I'm still standing ground on number 4 though ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ShesRockinAdurty30 View Post
              I don't believe Viet has a shirt that isn't stained with oil lol. I'm just giving you a hard time.. I understand. I think I'm still standing ground on number 4 though ;)
              i will give him one of my black shirts. :) oil stain visually proof

Comment

... i've done it before. ATF, and BG44k work well on black shirts :)
                I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                2875-C Towerview Road
                Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

anyone going? coming? I'm going to be there around 8ish, havent ate dinner. I was in a hurry to put in my new resistor. now my aux fan works flawlessly :)

Comment

Grandparents came in from NY for dinner so Jeff and I couldnt come. I'll be there next week though.

Comment

great success for first day. Thank for everyone that participated. Hope to see more people each week. :) much better turn out than I expected.

Comment

how many people showed up? I have two more weeks here!
                        stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
                          how many people showed up? I have two more weeks here!
                          3 + me and my gf = 5

Comment

i was there.
                            Originally posted by BillBrasky
                            That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
                            Originally posted by acolella76
                            i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
                            2007 CVPI, stock and slow
                            1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
                            1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
                            Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

bumpity for this week.
                              Originally posted by BillBrasky
                              That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
                              Originally posted by acolella76
                              i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
                              2007 CVPI, stock and slow
                              1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
                              1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
                              Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

bump. look forward to see you guys tmr.

Comment

Working...
                                X