No announcement yet.

Took me a over a year, but I finally got my first e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scooped up a new cupholder for the center council because the other one I added a while back wasn't doing it for me anymore. I will try to get a pic up of it installed when I get a chance.

First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by z28 View Post
      New interior to start the new year

rear

That looks insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Plus a grip love the seats.

Comment

Someone did a hit and run on my car, I'm gonna need a new front bumper :curse:

Comment

I had to add more magnets to the tweeter pods.

Comment

I haven't posted much in a while because I hadn't done much to the car, but surfing through eBay got me doing eBay things. Ended up picking up a fake mtech 1 spoiler (one piece) that needs to be painted sating black and smoothed out.

Comment

Originally posted by z28 View Post
                I haven't posted much in a while because I hadn't done much to the car, but surfing through eBay got me doing eBay things. Ended up picking up a fake mtech 1 spoiler (one piece) that needs to be painted sating black and smoothed out.
                Did you get the bumper issue fixed? Lets see pics of the whole car!
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I haven't found a decent front bumper to replace the old one with. As for the pictures, I am gonna try to get some pictures in a few days, I just been super busy with work and helping my gf with school.

Comment

My gf picked up a manual 89 325i 2 door with tan interior a while back so I have been busy working on the new addition. By the way, I am still looking for a front bumper for my car.

Still have a long way to go with the car but so far we have done the following to the new e30;
                    momo woodgrain steering wheel
                    rear premium speakers
                    front door tweeters
                    painted the rear speaker shelf black
                    e46 steering rack
                    is side skirts
                    is front lip
                    is lip splitter
                    euro grilles
                    euro license plate filler
                    black kidney grilles (replaced cracked ones)
                    tinted windows
                    keyless entry
                    adjustable clutch stop
                    antena delete
                    old recaro ls-b seats
                    oil cooler cover
                    esm wheels (ballin on a budget)

Pic of how we picked up the car.

Comment

No major updates, I have just been collecting a few more parts here and there, fixed the drivers rear window that wasn't working anymore, and finally installed the carbon fibre mirrors.

Parts I have been gathering for my 4 door e30:
                      euro bumper trim set (new oem)
                      rear bumper trim (new oem)
                      tail light gaskets (new oem)
                      passenger front window rail (new oem)
                      passenger rear window rail (new oem)
                      drivers rear window rail (new oem)
                      all 4 door moldings (new oem)
                      complete remote brake booster assembly from a 1995 540i (used)

Comment

Long time since my last update since I have been super busy moving to a new place and the budget also took a big hit because of that, but at least i don't have to park this thing out on the street. Parking out on the street took a toll on the paint, but i won't be able to get one anytime soon. Anyhow, its easier to make a list of the updates

-Had to get a new catalytic converter to pass smog.
                        -Fixed a fuel leak at the rubber hose from the fuel filter to the fuel pump
                        -Fixed the stuck driver rear window that wouldn't move up or down by cleaning the tracks and adding some silicone lubricant.
                        -Got a new front bumper from BMW
                        -Got a Karbonius carbon hood
                        -Finally got some new wheels to replace the old reps that took a beating when i was parking the car outside for all those years. I need to get the fenders rolled before i can mount these.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0516.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.7 KB ID:	10070415Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0911.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.5 KB ID:	10070416
                        Last edited by z28; 10-03-2022, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Followup from the previous post...
                          I just need to put the work decals on the wheels and some new tires. But the cars paint looks pretty beat because the sun faded the paint pretty bad. I was thinking of getting the car painted in nardo grey or midnight purple, but if it would be really expensive to do midnight purple so probably not. The sun roof panel is getting pretty rusty and the track broke, not sure if i should try to find another one or just delete it. Im leaning towards deleting the sunroof since I'm kinda tired of the wind noice and the weight reduction wouldn't hurt either.

Work Meister CR01
                          Front: 16x8 +10 (A-Disk) Lip Size = 70mm (2.8 inches)
                          Rear: 16x9 +7 (O-Disk) Lip Size = 95mm (3.8 inches)
                          I was going to go more aggressive with the wheels but i also didn't want to pull the fenders to make them fit. Hopefully just a good fender roll makes them work.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	68626245578__3EA1675D-D71A-44B5-80C4-F7487F620360.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.0 KB ID:	10070418Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0904.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.8 KB ID:	10070419
                          Last edited by z28; 10-03-2022, 09:06 PM.

Comment

whats that carbon bonnet like? keen to see how it fits
                            We're out there in here.

Comment

The hood looks to be good quality and is 100% full carbon so its very light. Unfortunately i won't install it anytime soon since I have other stuff to take care first, but I'm collecting a few parts in the meantime. I will make sure to post some pictures when i get the hood mounted.

Comment

MMM goodies!

I scored a Karbonius hood last month after hearing they quit making them!

Where did you get yours?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                                X