Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're paranoid on the workings of your car being in tip top shape, you're going to have an anxiety attack turbocharging the m10.
    Get the car to where you want it to be mechanically, then when you're bored/more confident start researching how turbocharging works.

Your stock clutch fan is superior to the fans you're trying to convert/buy.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Keep the AC, ditch all thoughts of upgrading cooling for now. Run a new thermo coupler. I swear I went over all of the questions you're asking here on rev in your first thread on Reddit.

Don't do a cage. Not worth it for this car right now and it's going to be more of a safety hazard for you.

And I agree with ak, get this car so tight that you know every single damn thing. Every thing has been refreshed, every problem that comes up you know how to diagnose and repair. Then, and only then should you go turbo
      sigpic

Comment

Where are you flyboyx?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
          Keep the AC, ditch all thoughts of upgrading cooling for now. Run a new thermo coupler. I swear I went over all of the questions you're asking here on rev in your first thread on Reddit.

Don't do a cage. Not worth it for this car right now and it's going to be more of a safety hazard for you.

And I agree with ak, get this car so tight that you know every single damn thing. Every thing has been refreshed, every problem that comes up you know how to diagnose and repair. Then, and only then should you go turbo
          Thank you so much !

Comment

Use chemical guys sprayable leather, buy a gallon, I use it in my detailing arsenal.

Works fine on vinyl which I'm sure is what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
              Use chemical guys sprayable leather, buy a gallon, I use it in my detailing arsenal.

Works fine on vinyl which I'm sure is what you have.
              Thanks definitely ordering, about to order app the control arms and steering components

Comment

If you're ordering control arms, get the front control arm bushings (CABs) also. Many go with E30 M3 for solid rubber and offset for more caster. Can also get E36 M3 for solid centered rubber.
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                  here on rev
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    If you're ordering control arms, get the front control arm bushings (CABs) also. Many go with E30 M3 for solid rubber and offset for more caster. Can also get E36 M3 for solid centered rubber.
                    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...30-e309piece-l

It's only set that includes bolts how is this the bolts are almost $6 each and can't find E30 m3 bushings. should I split the order to get the right bushings and what about the steering should I do that

Comment

email bluntech ...
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                        https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...30-e309piece-l

It's only set that includes bolts how is this the bolts are almost $6 each and can't find E30 m3 bushings. should I split the order to get the right bushings and what about the steering should I do that
                        I have 2 sets of e30 m3 Lemforder offset bushings, new. Come to the Midtown Crossing L.A. e30 meet this friday and you can have the one you need for $40
                        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                          I have 2 sets of e30 m3 Lemforder offset bushings, new. Come to the Midtown Crossing L.A. e30 meet this friday and you can have the one you need for $40

Damn, that’s a deal.. being em no matter what
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            Damn, that’s a deal.. being em no matter what
                            Yuuuup
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

holy crap I just checked my distributor cap, my spark plug wires, every single thing everything looks great but everything is dated 1990 and 1985 it blows my mind that this car it's going pretty damn strong with original parts

Last edited by Sonny; 03-27-2019, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Just remember that just because they were manufactured then, doesn't mean they were fitted then! They could have sit on a shelf in a warehouse for a few years prior to being fitted to your car.
                                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
                                X