Gas Tank to Expansion Tank Hose Connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Tank to Expansion Tank Hose Connections

Just trying to figure out which of these expansion tank hoses connect to which pipes on the gas tank.

The black pipe on the tank goes to the charcoal canister. The silver pipe is molded into the tank.

Does the thicker hose from the expansion tank connect to the black pipe or the molded pipe? The thicker pipe runs to the top of the expansion tank and the thinner ones run to the bottom I believe.

It looks like the one that runs to the charcoal canister goes to the top of the expansion tank.

Can't say with true certainty, but I'd connect the larger hose to the larger pipe and smaller hose to the smaller pipe.

Also, don't really trust the parts diagrams, they are sometimes quite incorrect, and other times recycled from another application.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      Can't say with true certainty, but I'd connect the larger hose to the larger pipe and smaller hose to the smaller pipe.

Also, don't really trust the parts diagrams, they are sometimes quite incorrect, and other times recycled from another application.
      Is there a way to tell if I have them backwards?

Comment

You match the sizes. There’s nothing complicated.
        2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
        2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
        1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
        1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
        - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
        1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
        1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
        Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Working...