Chassis / brake upgrade to E30 M30 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chassis / brake upgrade to E30 M30 swap

We have an E30 320 with M30B35. The car has a 318is front axle with 51mm suspension legs and a rear axle with disc brakes.

Original 320 brakes are mounted in front.

What upgrades on chassis and brakes have you done on your E30 M30 swap?

Front strut brace(is pretty s@#t quality so does nothing)
    Massive brakes street kit
    Braided lines, street/track pads
    Ie 24mm sway upfront 19mm white line rear
    450lb front springs with Koni sports & 650lb rears with GAZ dampers

Car is pretty neutral balance wise, on the track last weekend I got to really test the brakes/suspension. Brakes where fantastic no really fad issues/ suspension too firm in the rear(sway bar too still)

Comment

M3 offset CAB's I highly recommend
      Poly all around

Comment

Chassis

Eibach prokit springs and Bilstein B8 shocks + poly bushes for control arms and rear subframe.

Brakes

Higher temp brake pads and blank brembo discs. For a street car the stock brakes are adequate.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

if your 320 came with a small-case diff it might not be a shit idea to upgrade to a medium case.

stock brakes are fine with good pads in them.

what are you building this car for?
          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
            if your 320 came with a small-case diff it might not be a shit idea to upgrade to a medium case.

stock brakes are fine with good pads in them.

what are you building this car for?

At present, the car has the small case differential with 3.64 gear and a M10 Getrag 240 gearbox.

The car comes to 99 percent to be used on the street but we drive the most on a curvy road.

I appreciate the advice you've given so far, helping us choose the right parts for the car.

Comment

Budget for a LSD diff - definitely worth it with the torque at hand.

I started out with an open diff, and the car was a bit of a handful in the wet - once I swapped to LSD it has driven like a factory one, wet or dry.
              My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
              X