M30B35
    Getrag 240
    M10/S14 lightened flywheel from RHD, 228mm
    M20 pressure plate with 30% more pressure than stock
    S14 Sachs Motorsport clutch (1862168232), 228mm
    M20 slave cylinder
    M10 release bearing

Our problem is:
    The slave cylinder does not have sufficient length to push down the clutch fork.

There is a gap of about 15-20mm as the clutch fork can move before it is pushing the pressure plate. The clutch pedal only takes the last 20-25mm before the clutch pedal reaches the floor.

What could have caused us to get this error? Do you have to weld spacers on relaease bearing in order for it to work? How have you done?

I'm using a stock release bearing on mine (with a stock M10 single mass flywheel and HD M10 clutch kit) - maybe check with RHD about their recommendations?

My guess would be that your clutch master might still need more bleeding if the pedal nearly reaches the floor before the clutch starts to disengage. The master / slave cylinder can be a bit of a PITA to bleed properly.
    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by MiWision View Post
      Our E30 has this spec:

M30B35

Getrag 240

M10/S14 lightened flywheel from RHD, 228mm

M20 pressure plate with 30% more pressure than stock

S14 Sachs Motorsport clutch (1862168232), 228mm

M20 slave cylinder

M10 release bearing

Our problem is:

The slave cylinder does not have sufficient length to push down the clutch fork.

There is a gap of about 15-20mm as the clutch fork can move before it is pushing the pressure plate. The clutch pedal only takes the last 20-25mm before the clutch pedal reaches the floor.

What could have caused us to get this error? Do you have to weld spacers on relaease bearing in order for it to work? How have you done?

I think there are 2 types of M20 pressure plates. One is for the thicker dual mass flywheel and the other is for the thinner single mass flywheel.
      I think the solution is to get a e30 M3 pressure plate. Which will easily hold the M30s power.
      I run a M10 flywheel, with a M10 6 puck clutch and pressure plate.

It’s been holding fine until recently. Now it will slip with too many revs on a full throttle up shift or a clutch kick.
      My clutch pedal only takes 3/4” of travel to fully disengage my clutch. Which is kinda hard to get used to and seems abnormal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good point - the M3 pressure plate and M20 single mass flywheel have the same stack height.

The dual mass pressure plate would be thinner.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Hello again! I apologize for my late reply.

The solution to this problem was to extend the rod to the slave cylinder by 21 mm / 0.82 inch.

After that, the clutch works perfectly!

The flywheel's low weight of 3.2 kg / 7.05 pounds combined with the M20 pressure plate and the S14 Sachs Motorsport clutch disc works very well for the M30. We recommend this!

Comment

Working...
          X