No announcement yet.

m30 motor too far forward with Garagistic mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put the expansion tank where the battery used to be after relocating battery to the trunk. I’m not sure that’s a good idea having it close to all that electrical stuff, but we shall see. Also, for exhaust I used most of a 97 328i system including the cat and it sounds awful. Got to work on that.
    Attached Files

Comment

Just popping back in to say I’m having the same issues as you with these mounts. I ended up putting a stack of washers on the left side mount and grinding the hell out of my Intake manifold though. With all that I have around a 1/8” between them now. It’s also a really tight fit at the front with around 1/4” clearance or less between the distributor and radiator. Haven’t decided if I want to slot the mounts/redrill to go further back. My advice is to stay away from these m30 mounts until garagistic gets them a little more dialed in. I wish I would Have known good n tight was still making his before I bought these but oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are they not doing refunds or whats the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
          Are they not doing refunds or whats the deal?

I asked them for a partial refund but haven’t gotten anything back yet. At this paint if would be faster and easier to roll with these since I already made everything fit but I wish they would have worked off the bat. Maybe once I go turbo I’ll swap to some better ones and push the motor back further.

Comment

I didn't ask for any type of refund. After having to modify my e30V8 5.0 mounts I just assumed all of these small volume specialty parts had to be massaged a bit. Garagistic did contact me after I posted this and asked me to email them details on my fitment problem and solution.

Comment

I doubt they will do anything about it. I posted about it on Instagram (where they are most prominent) where they asked me to send them details and pictures of the issue, but never responded or acknowledge that I spent the time to take pictures and thoroughly describe the issues with their mounts.

I have tried to write a review on their website about the mounts to warn others who are interested, but the review box doesn't allow enough characters to even briefly describe the issues with them.

I'm sorta over trying to get the issue to them because customer service with them has been unacceptable from the start. Just really disappointed and aggravated that it would have been cheaper and taken WAY less time to fabricate them myself. If you want something done right, do it yourself.
              1986 325e Pearl White on Grey Houndstooth 24x,xxx miles M30b35 Swapped
              2002 525i Jet Black on Sand Beige 13x,xxx miles
              "This 2.5 liter inline six cylinder is smoother than my silk Versace underwear." -Vehicle Virgins

Comment

Here’s some pics to add to my last post

Comment

Also just noticed my pan is sitting on the rack too [emoji102] more spacers I guess?

Comment

Yikes. It's almost like the engine is not tilted over enough. I can remove my intake manifold no problem.
                    From your pictures it looks like your top transmission bolt is in the trans tunnel. Mine ended up above the tunnel and required a little more clearancing, I left that bolt out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

It looks like that because it was touching and I hammered the shit out of that whole area, it was touching there before

Comment

Does the engine seem Like it’s not sitting level to you guys? Definitely seems like that to me. This is after adding spacers under the mounts do clear the pan to rack.

Comment

Yep just found my level....
                          This is going to be terrible for the driveshaft and Flex disc correct?

Comment

ya that shit should be level. :(
                            mail them back with a dog turd and buy G&ts.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                              ya that shit should be level. :(
                              mail them back with a dog turd and buy G&ts.

Damn, looks like I have to take the spacers back off and figure out something with the booster. I’m really just hoping they will give me a full refund so I can get different ones.

Comment

Currently Waiting to Hear back about
                                A refund, hopefully they don’t make a big deal about me spraying them with por 15. Their excuse was that my subframe is likely cracked and sagging and that’s what’s causing all the weird fitment but I checked it before the swap and it was fine. Also my car came with a m40 so it’s not like any strain was ever put on the subframe.

Comment

Working...
                                X