Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54 from a Z4M in E30

Hello
    I have done a S54 swap in my E30M3. The engine is a S54 from a Z4M.
    This engine is not similar to the S54 that the E46M3 has so I have a smal problem I cant figure out.

Im using the MSS54HP DME whit E46M3 engine wiering loome but the Z4M versjon has another generator(Altinator) and therefore I cant get the charge idicator lamp to work in my E30M3 cluster.

Anybody have a ide how to fix this.

And to you guys whit S54 in E30. How have you connected the charge lamp?

IIRC, you connect the alternator exciter wire to the DME, and then there's a pass through from the DME that goes to the cluster. The question is, how different is your Z4 alternator?

did the Z4 have an IBS? I thought it was more E46, and didn't use that.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I just ordered a new alternator to an M3 engine today. I dont bother using more time on the Z4 alternator. :)

Comment

Yeah, probably a good idea. the Z4 is kind of an odd duck with electrical bits from the E46 combined with the E90.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=389920

Comment

BTW, I can do swaps/EWS deletes with MSS70 as well. So you don't need to convert everything to the E46, although Z4s are so rare its just not common.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ok, but I have done a full CSL setup so I cant use MSS70 anyway.😊
              Attached Files

Comment

Funny enough, it would be relatively trivial to do a CSL clone with MSS70. Honestly, its no-maf mode puts the MSS54 "alpha-n" to shame.

Jealous of the airbox though! Theres nothing else like it. :)
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The MSS70 is newer and better(faster) then the MSS54 but the MSS54 is so well known to work whit so its much easier.

My engine has CSL camshafts, CLS MAP sensor and the CSL temp sensor so my DME have 100% stock CSL software only whit a few tweaks so it can run 100% perfect in E30. I also have the Mk60 whit DSC and everyting is fitted. Not just standalone ABS. And a manual gearbox from the Z4M.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    Funny enough, it would be relatively trivial to do a CSL clone with MSS70. Honestly, its no-maf mode puts the MSS54 "alpha-n" to shame.

Jealous of the airbox though! Theres nothing else like it. :)
                    You're making me want to try retrofitting an MSS70 to my E46

I wonder if it can accept a MAP sensor...

Comment

Yes of course - you'd have to calibrate it like MSV70 though.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                      X