Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neely Mansion Cruise, Seattle to Tacoma area - VOTE details now

Hey PNW r3v,

I'm thinking about starting a cruise event with a few e30 friends this spring or summer. In my free time I like to find fun new routes to drive and recently while messing around on google maps, I found a route that comes full circle and has two roads I like to drive locally. If nothing comes of this maybe some of you find a new local cruising road.

I've driven most of the stretch and it is pretty fun. I plan to do the whole route sometime next month.

The first part goes through a bit of farmland but surprisingly it has a lot of twists. You have to be mindful of residential houses near the street in certain parts, but for the most part its farmland. I like this section for the tight turns as it follows green river.

Along the road is Flaming Geyser Park, I've never been but the pics look cool. Maybe a stop there?

Then the second part is driving up the highway into Black Diamond. There's a 76 station in town and restaurants to stop and take a break.

After that you follow Roberts Dr. into SE Auburn Black Diamond Rd. I'm sure a few of you know Black Diamond road. I find it pretty scenic through that area because there's a lot of sweeping turns through forest land. It also backs up against Pacific Raceways which is pretty cool.

Black Diamond road takes you right back to Neely Mansion right off the freeway.

The whole route takes about 40 mins. I've personally never been on a cruise so I wouldn't know how long they typically take. This route can be easily customized to be made a lot shorter or longer. In my free time when I want to go on a drive I start at Neely Mansion, drive through the farmland / residential zone all the way to Flaming Geyser Park then turn around. Doesn't take me more than 15 mins once I get off the freeway.

Let me know what you guys think, would it be too short? or too long of a drive? too far? too boring lol? Hope if anything some of you found a new area to cruise. It's a little too rainy right now but maybe when my friends and I decide it's time to cruise this I'll post in advance to see if anyone would want to join.
    Last edited by vtechnik; 01-21-2018, 03:48 PM.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Im down for early summer if that is when it ends up.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

I do a memorial drive from the park n ride up to the cemetery to see my buddy that's there. His mom said it was one of his favorite places to ride, I can see why but I've always been in something lifted. I'm down to go and thrash it. If it's too short, you could plan a lunch. Maybe at the royal bear off 167, it's a biker bar but it's cool during the day to grab a beer and $3 gizzards. Then go to orting and hit Orville rd to just outside Eatonville for the 2nd run.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        Im down for early summer if that is when it ends up.
        I was thinking about cutting it a little close to the picnic so people who are in town can join but I don't want to get in the way of anyones plans. I'm not sure if anyone else does a cruise around the time of the picnic, I'll have to do more research.

If it's too short, you could plan a lunch. Maybe at the royal bear off 167, it's a biker bar but it's cool during the day to grab a beer and $3 gizzards. Then go to orting and hit Orville rd to just outside Eatonville for the 2nd run.
        Yea thats a pretty good idea, I'll look into the restraunts in black diamond while i'm there

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Watching this.

Comment

Originally posted by vtechnik View Post
            I was thinking about cutting it a little close to the picnic so people who are in town can join but I don't want to get in the way of anyones plans. I'm not sure if anyone else does a cruise around the time of the picnic, I'll have to do more research.

Yea thats a pretty good idea, I'll look into the restraunts in black diamond while i'm there
            Black diamond doesn't really have anything

Comment

Sub'd

Comment

Alright great to see there's a solid interest for a local spring/summer cruise!

We have a few decisions to make before solidifying the event

1. STOPS

So first do you guys want to stop at Flaming Geyser Park? The beginning of the cruise will start at Neely Mansion, there's no place to park there for all of us. I plan we'll park just down the street near the river entrance at the beginning of the farm road (SE Green Valley Rd.). The only problem with the river entrance lot is its entirely gravel which doesn't make good for car photos lol, Flaming Geyser Park however has a nice big parking lot for all of us where we can take group photos? It's within the first quarter of the cruise. There's also pretty cool walkways too if anyone wants to stop and take a hike.

Next is food and beverages

The two places I found best fit are:

Black Diamond Pizza & Deli

The pizzas there looks pretty good, plus they evidently approve of zee Germans so our e30s will be more than welcome there, double plus they serve drinks! Win, win, win?

Black Diamond Bakery and Resturant

Pro's this one has over pizza is that it fits bigger crowds and there's more of a diverse selection on the menu than just pizza and pasta I presume.

2. DATE

Personally I would rather have the date closer to spring than the picnic, but I have seen a few posts on here about how there should be an autocross event or more activities near the picnic. I wouldn't have a problem either way but I always see a lack of events throughout spring considering how many turn out for the picnic. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. I guess just cast a vote for spring or picnic time, then I'll just pick a date off that and see if you guys approve.

Lastly..

3. ROUTE:

I think the route is pretty good one because the start and end are right next to the freeway. If anyone has any suggestions or detours post below and I'll add it to my next update. I still haven't driven the entirety of it so it is still subject to change.

NOTE: I will update these lists below, I check here quite often so I'll just edit as I see votes casted.

PARK:(for or against)
                1. Bruner (For)
                2. TFJR (For)

FOOD:(pizza deli or bakery restaurant)
                1. Bruner (Pizza)
                2. TFJR (Pizza)
                3. Dugly52 (Pizza)

DATE:(spring or picnic time / summer)
                1. Bruner (Spring)
                2. TFJR (Spring)
                3. Dugly52 (Spring)
                Last edited by vtechnik; 01-24-2018, 07:50 PM.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

I'll play.
                  Park: yes
                  Food: German pizza place
                  Date: Spring time

90 M3 brilliantrot/schwarz
                  90 M5 brilliantrot/schwarz
                  87 325 alpinweiss/houndstooth (building)
                  90 735i/5 islandgrün-metallic/schwarz (daily)
                  87 Foxbody Notch 5.0 5spd SSP (other daily)
                  71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd

Comment

I'd be interested, however I travel a lot for business so no guarantee I'd make it.

I say the cruise should be substantially longer than the 22 mile (37 minute) route proposed. That will be over in no time & it'll take me triple the time just to commute to and from the cruise portion. Just my .02c.

Food: Pizza
                    Date: Late Spring
                    1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                    SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                    Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Per longer route request, what do you think of this? Anything longer becomes a small road trip in my book. We will most likely stop at flaming geyser park and food so that tacks on another 20-35mins. I tried to keep it the same idea as the smaller course, more curves than straights.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Meet up at the park n ride, it's right off the exit. It's always been empty when we've used it on a Saturday.

Comment

Another long option.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

The first long option looks good
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

Comment

In before someone R3Vs right into a tractor.

Seriously guys, the Auburn-Blackdiamond road is fun and very twisty, but has many blind corners and driveways coupled with slow moving traffic. It's a farm/residential area with the potential for the elderly, kids, and animals (farm and domestic).

Also cops, lots of cops out towards black diamond.
                              Originally posted by Sonny
                              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Working...
                              X