N52B25.suggestions, possibilities, opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N52B25.suggestions, possibilities, opinions

Good day r3v limiters, OK short story help a friend swap out the n52b25 from his car and he gave me his old motor.
    Reasons for removal of old motor it had a mis, like lack some power between 3000 to 4000rpm,

While old motor mileage was around 130000km when problem started he still ran 10000km+ with this problem, after a lot trouble shooting swapping parts he purchase a low mileage engine and we swapped it out, new motor problem solved, car runs smooth again.
    So I now have a engine with a annoying mis, power hesitant problem, tear down time starts to see what could cause this.
    Cylinder head opened every thing looks nice and clean,removal of timing gear vanos units and then exhaust cam shaft.............
    First problem found the exhaust cam shaft has serious wear on the journals not the lobes and the wear is also on the cam covers has well. Like scratches you can feel with a finger nail with ease
    Move to intake side looks way better very small scratches you can't really feel...
    So I think I found my problem, what do you guys think.......

Trying to upload pics
Working...
X