Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pump Whine Frustration

Afternoon guys,

I have a 1989 325i convertible. Single intank pump.

Sooo, I replaced all of the soft fuel lines on the car...

Blew air through all of the hard lines and snaked the tank return in case that was clogged.

FPR is a new Bosch unit

Went cheap on the fuel pump though with URO part.

Had intermittent pump whine so I figured it might die soon and so I replaced the pump. It then was louder than the old one. So thought it might be a restriction. Went though everything and it's all clear.

Filled with fresh gas and there still a loud whine... Not crazy but definitely noticeable. No performance issues.

Think it may be the cheap URO pump that's just loud normally?

It is driving me nuts, everything is new except the injectors, rail, and hard lines.

Please help lol

Thank you!
    Karl

URO stands for UROutofyourmindifyouexpectthesecheappartstoworksas intended :-)
    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
    Alice the Time Capsule
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

put in a dietschwerks or pay for the OEM one

Comment

Use Tre pump if you don't want OEM. Plus, get rid of the stupid BMW fuel line coupling connector. Use fuel injection hose to connect the fuel pump outlet to the fuel line and a couple of worm clamps.

Comment

I went with a Bosch unit and it has a moderate whine , it’s got about 2k on it, I keep it over half filled so it’s barely noticeable. No performance issues so I’ll bear with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
          IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

I had this happen when replacing my original tank with an aftermarket one..
            It also drives my nuts.. especially when standing still at a stop or red light...
            1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
            1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
              URO stands for UROutofyourmindifyouexpectthesecheappartstoworksas intended :-)
              Ahahaha, that's great. First and last experience with URO.

Thanks!
              Karl

Comment

Thank you guys for the fast responses. I have an OEM one coming in tomorrow and I'll see how it goes when I install on friday.

Karl

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                  Use Tre pump if you don't want OEM. Plus, get rid of the stupid BMW fuel line coupling connector. Use fuel injection hose to connect the fuel pump outlet to the fuel line and a couple of worm clamps.
                  Awesome, will do. I had done that with a walbro 255 some years back on another car. But, that car is far from stock. I didn't think a bone stock m20 justified that kind of flow.

Thank you!
                  Karl

Comment

Originally posted by Karleemo View Post
                    Thank you guys for the fast responses. I have an OEM one coming in tomorrow and I'll see how it goes when I install on friday.

Karl
                    So, did the new pump solve the whine?
                    1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                    1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                    X