Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So will Corvette's 5x120.7 wheels fit a BMW's 5x120? I've read both yes and no on the subject. Looking to make a purchase.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Tyres for 15X7

Hi,

Mystical i've bought the 15X7 et12 wheels and i will place them on my E3O M40. I will lower the car by 3,5cm (350mm). The mechanic i asked told me that i should put 205/50/15 tyres, but i have seen that BMW puts 205/55/15 on 15'' wheels. What should i do?

This is the pic of the wheel...

Click image for larger version

Name:	e393_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	7111231

Comment

Hello, I has come into those wheel but I'm wondering if those wheel will fit my 86 325es. Those would fit miata. Im not sure about offset(I think its 40, I would need 20mm spacer).

16x7 Enkei RS5

I currently have 14' BBS RA with 35 offset on my car.
        Thanks for any help :)
        Last edited by TexasE30; 02-05-2009, 12:23 PM. Reason: offset

Comment

Originally posted by dsm2002 View Post
          4mm pos offset i.e. et 4
          You'd basically need ~20mm more room than a stock unrolled fender would provide. Whether you want to do that with or without flare add-ons is up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by distorto View Post
            i keep going back and forth with ideas.

at the moment, i want to use 2 different sets of rims.

in the front, i want to use 2 extra rota d2's that i have in subaru fitment. they are 17x7.5 with 48 offset. i am still undecided on the rears.

the only adapter that i can find for 4x100 to 5x100 is the h&r 20mm kit.

Specializing in OEM, Aftermarket and Performance parts for Volkswagen and Audi's. Neuspeed, Neuspeed Flow Form Wheels, Vogtland Suspension Coilovers Coil overs, Vogtland Suspension Kit, Solo Werks Suspension Coilover Coil over, Euro sport Accessories, WaveTrac Differentials, Bilstein Shocks, VW Parts, Audi Parts

i am thinking of using the h&r cup kit that lowers the front 2.1 and the rear 1.7.

how well will this work and how flush do think the rims will be?
            They won't be anything near flush at ET28. Look into custom adaptors (search the board). They can make them in anything 20mm or bigger. For flush, you'd want 30-40mm, depending on what you consider the meaning of that word.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
              What size tire can/should I run on a staggered set of type A's et15? I would like to run as little stretch as possible. I will roll the fenders.

215/40/16 all around? Or can I fit a 225 in the rear?

With the 7.5" up front do I need to run any spacers?

TIA
              You can slightly hide stretch with a taller sidewall. If you run a 215/45/16 all around, it will apear less stretched than a 215/40/16. A 225 would basically require pulled lips to fit them safely.

You won't need any spacers, as long as the fronts are indeed E30-spec and not VW (meaning ET20 instead of ET35).

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                They won't be anything near flush at ET28. Look into custom adaptors (search the board). They can make them in anything 20mm or bigger. For flush, you'd want 30-40mm, depending on what you consider the meaning of that word.
                thanks!

i mean that i don't want the wheels to poke, but i want them to as close to the fender as i can get.

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                  Alright so am about to order everything and I just want to make sure. So early model e30 with e30 m3 suspension with bbs style 5's 17x8 et 20. I am odering 20mm for the front and 25mm wheel spacers and what would you recomend for tires?

thanks again jay

alex
                  Wait, wasn't I spec'ing you for 4x100-5x120 adaptors and those wheels? And not E30 M3 hubs?

That changes things. M3 hubs have a slightly different geometry, they naturally push the wheels further outward. If you want flush with that, I'd subtract at least 5mm from each of your spacers. I'd honestly probably back down to 12mm/15mm at the most. 205/40/17 tires will be the choice size.

Comment

Originally posted by mortenstj View Post
                    Hi

I'm close to order new wheels for my E30.

7.5X16 ET25
                    Any problem with that offset?

What tire dimension is recommended?

Thanks
                    Nah, as stated anything up to 225/45 will fit easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                      So will Corvette's 5x120.7 wheels fit a BMW's 5x120? I've read both yes and no on the subject. Looking to make a purchase.
                      I have read the same stuff. I have even seen 5x120 BMW wheels on GTOs.

I have a hypothesis that it works, it's just doesn't necessarily work well. Mainly because there will be undue stress on the bolts. But I honestly won't make a firm statement about the whole issue. If I had a friend with a Vette, I'd try it out. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by M40_316i View Post
                        Hi,

Mystical i've bought the 15X7 et12 wheels and i will place them on my E3O M40. I will lower the car by 3,5cm (350mm). The mechanic i asked told me that i should put 205/50/15 tyres, but i have seen that BMW puts 205/55/15 on 15'' wheels. What should i do?

This is the pic of the wheel...

[ATTACH]16941[/ATTACH]
                        Either size is fine really. BMW used both diameters on E30s (early and late models).

Comment

Originally posted by TexasE30 View Post
                          Hello, I has come into those wheel but I'm wondering if those wheel will fit my 86 325es. Those would fit miata. Im not sure about offset(I think its 40, I would need 20mm spacer).

16x7 Enkei RS5

I currently have 14' BBS RA with 35 offset on my car.
                          Thanks for any help :)
                          Yeah, with a 20mm spacer they'd fit fine.

Comment

Originally posted by distorto View Post
                            thanks!

i mean that i don't want the wheels to poke, but i want them to as close to the fender as i can get.
                            Next time you see a pic of a car with fitment that you like, steal the url and post the pic in here. I'll base my advice on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              Wait, wasn't I spec'ing you for 4x100-5x120 adaptors and those wheels? And not E30 M3 hubs?

That changes things. M3 hubs have a slightly different geometry, they naturally push the wheels further outward. If you want flush with that, I'd subtract at least 5mm from each of your spacers. I'd honestly probably back down to 12mm/15mm at the most. 205/40/17 tires will be the choice size.
                              Adapter wouldnt work. They wouldnt be large enough. The adapters would have to be around 40mm ish.

So 12mm for the front and 15mm for the rear on 205/40/17 sounds good.

Any recomendations on tires brands?

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                                Adapter wouldnt work. They wouldnt be large enough. The adapters would have to be around 40mm ish.

So 12mm for the front and 15mm for the rear on 205/40/17 sounds good.

Any recomendations on tires brands?
                                Falken 912, no doubt. Stretches well, has amazing traction, and is insanely cheap in that size (makes me really happy because I'll be using the same size for a new stretch fitment on my GF's car).

Comment

Working...
                                X