Part Number Help - Trim Grommet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part Number Help - Trim Grommet

Hi. I am having trouble identifying a specific part.

I have a 1990 convertible and I am looking for the plastic grommet that is used to attach the front part of the lower rocker trim.

The rest of the trim is held in place by clips, but the first attachment point of the trim is a round knob that inserts into a plastic grommet.

This is the trim I am talking about, in the third picture you can see the knob I am talking about. That is the attachment at the leading edge and the plastic grommet that it goes into is what I am looking for:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by jdt10768 View Post

Assuming you've had your E30 at least as long as you've been a member here, the snark of the previous response is probably justified.

My good deed for the day: Check out the diagram Exterior Trim/Grill - Protective Mouldings at RealOEM.
      1992 325i Cabrio
      1988 320i Touring
      2000 M5
      1977 530i
      2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
        Assuming you've had your E30 at least as long as you've been a member here, the snark of the previous response is probably justified.

My good deed for the day: Check out the diagram Exterior Trim/Grill - Protective Mouldings at RealOEM.
        It's OK. I actually only have had my car since the end of last year. I joined ahead of buying it to check the classifieds for sale cars. And I have never owned one before, I am coming from a Miata for many years.

However, I will admit, I didn't know about the RealOEM resource for checking parts. That makes me sound dumb, but it's all good.

So, you are right, the snark is justified I guess, but I am happy to have found a resource that will make my life a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by pj29 View Post
          It's OK. I actually only have had my car since the end of last year. I joined ahead of buying it to check the classifieds for sale cars. And I have never owned one before, I am coming from a Miata for many years.

However, I will admit, I didn't know about the RealOEM resource for checking parts. That makes me sound dumb, but it's all good.

So, you are right, the snark is justified I guess, but I am happy to have found a resource that will make my life a lot easier.

Welcome! Loved my Miatas. Most everyone here is very helpful. No way I could maintain 3 older Bimmers without internet forums. RealOEM is a great resource, but it actually failed me this week on a part for the E12. I need to replace what I thought was a vacuum hose and could not find it on any of the diagrams. Turns out it's on a cooling system diagram even though it's not part of the cooling system. I was getting desperate when no one on the E12 forum identified it, so I posted on an E24 forum for the first time and they hooked me up.

Cory
          1992 325i Cabrio
          1988 320i Touring
          2000 M5
          1977 530i
          2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
          BMWCCA
          E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by pj29 View Post

I meant no snark. It's surprising how many people don't know about realoem, and I could tell from your post you probably did not.
            It's a great resource. I verify part numbers there almost daily

Comment

Thanks guys, I think I found the part! Man that was easier than searching terms that might fit the part description!

I loved my Miatas as well. The last one was a beast, installed the FMII turbo on it, it was a '95 M-Edition (the Merlot color one). It ran like nothing else and was as reliable as any car I've ever owned. However, I started to want and or need a back seat and settled on an e30 vert as the answer.
              Last edited by pj29; 08-08-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X