Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite religious or political quote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
    A++ would quote again

Comment

Democracy means the opportunity to be everyone’s slave.
      - Crauss

Democracy is the counting of heads, not what’s in them!
      - Deignan

That which now calls itself democracy differs from older forms of government solely in that it drives with new horses: the streets are still the same old streets, and the wheels are likewise the same old wheels.
      - Nietzsche

"Democratic" decision making is a means for finding and implementing the will of the majority; it has no other function. It serves, not to encourage diversity, but to prevent it.
      - Friedman

Democracy is a system where people are counted not weighed.
      - Iqbal

Democracy has nothing to do with the right choices. It has to do with the popular choices.
      - Karam

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance. Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. Democracy is only a dream: it should be put in the same category as Arcadia, Santa Claus, and Heaven. Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage. Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under. Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
      - Mencken

Comment

^^ All very interesting quotes :up:
        2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

when I think about those soldiers or airmen or Marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf

President Barrack Hussein Obama

Oh really??
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
            when I think about those soldiers or airmen or Marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf

Oh really??

Oh no you didn't!
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Oh really??
              I don't get it. Why do you like that quote? I wouldn't put in my list of favorites as you decided too. I also wouldn't consider it a gaff if that's what you were intending to highlight.
              sigpic

Comment

"I believe in God, only I spell it 'Nature'."

-Frank Lloyd Wright
                Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                  I don't get it. Why do you like that quote? I wouldn't put in my list of favorites as you decided too. I also wouldn't consider it a gaff if that's what you were intending to highlight.
                  the military does not fight on the president's behalf, it fight's and serves for the country, all the people, and certainly not on any president's behalf

freudian slip perhaps from the messiah
                  “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

you mean, fights and serves the interests of american big business. amirite amirite? lolololol.
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

"This Country Was Founded By Slave Owners, Who Wanted To Be Free"

Comment

the military does not fight on the president's behalf, it fight's and serves for the country, all the people, and certainly not on any president's behalf

freudian slip perhaps from the messiah

this is somewhat disingenuous. if, oddly, you truly don't know the structure of the executive branch let me enlighten you.

the president is at the top of the military chain of command. surely you've heard him referred to as commander-in-chief.

where a platoon commander has 3 squads to fight on his behalf, the president has the Navy, Army etc. fighting on his behalf.

he is responsible for all casualties incurred.

hth
                        robert w.

Comment

no, you're wrong, according to webster
                          interest, benefit; also : support, defense… See the full definition

the troops do not serve in support of the president's interests, nor do the fight as a representative of him. he is in fact commander in chief which makes him responsible for them and grants him command, but they do not serve at his behalf. troops serve at the nation's behalf, he commands them.

hope this helps

and imho it is a slip of the tongue which gives insight into the pres' thinking
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

no, you're wrong, according to webster
                            interest, benefit; also : support, defense… See the full definition

the troops do not serve in support of the president's interests, nor do the fight as a representative of him. he is in fact commander in chief which makes him responsible for them and grants him command, but they do not serve at his behalf. troops serve at the nation's behalf, he commands them.

hope this helps

and imho it is a slip of the tongue which gives insight into the pres' thinking
                            I don't think it was a slip of the tongue. I think he meant what he said. Any one of us could have said the same thing and the statement would have been accurate. I'm sure you can find many other gaffs he made that you can poke fun at, but this wasn't one of them. Try again.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm in the military, I've never heard a commander at any level claim their troops were doing anything on their behalf. We work for a united goal, and while a commander takes ultimate responsibility for the actions and work done (not done) by his troops. we're not trying to achieve one persons goal. Perhaps he meant fighting on his behalf as someone who is not on the front line, sort of like an every day citizen? I don't think he's of the belief that the military exists to carry out his desires.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                                Perhaps he meant fighting on his behalf as someone who is not on the front line, sort of like an every day citizen? I don't think he's of the belief that the military exists to carry out his desires.
                                This is how I interpret it also and what I think he meant.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X