Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's centralize custom interiors

Hi everyone

To the admins and mods, if this is a bad idea just delete it.
    In one of the Forums I'm in for/with my Mazda MX5 there's this thread (http://www.clubroadster.net/vb_forum...-interior.html), which is a several pages long list of ideas/inspiration for custom interiors.

I thought that maybe such a thread would be worth a try here, so someone looking for inspiration (or just alternative solutions) wouldn't have to go through dozens of threads but would have one centralized place too look for everything from non-OEM fabrics or seats to steering wheels, door cars, or cages/roll bars/completely re-done interiors.

Max

P.S.: I know that BMWs probably don't get modified inside as much/as drastically as Japanese cars, but I'm sure that there could be some interesting projects/interpretations.
    E30-Fan from Germany, here to learn about and get some inspiration for my next car.

I'll be posting here soon!
    sigpic

Comment

To start this off I decided to put a few photos in here.
      I don't have my E30 yet, so those are from the "mood board" that I'm using for inspiration:

Those are BMW Performance Seats, which are nothing but re-upholstered Recaro Sporsters.

What I believe to be an M-Tech wheel, modified with flat bottom

Full wood trim package (plus a Nardi wheel). I wonder if anyone has ever replaced them with another material (carbon, or alloy, or something painted).

Max
      E30-Fan from Germany, here to learn about and get some inspiration for my next car.

Comment

I made a twinkling starlight headliner in my touring last year for my kids to enjoy from the backseat. At least, that's the official statement
        The old headliner was coming down so I had to do something, and I figured I might as well make it something interesting while we're in there.
        When the lights are off, you won't notice them at all.

Short video below of what it looks like at night.
        Don't let the lights at 0:19 - 0:23 confuse you btw, as those are the Christmas lights on my neighbour's carport.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=53QT0PZ0NQg">www.youtube.com/watch?v=53QT0PZ0NQg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
        Edit: looks like I suck at inserting a video, so here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53QT0PZ0NQg
        Last edited by 323i E30; 09-03-2018, 01:59 PM. Reason: Adding YT link

Comment

That’s sick^!
          sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
          1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
          1991 318is - Sold
          1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Squared off the bolsters of sport seats. Also German tri-stitching on a sport steering wheel. Red needles in the gauge cluster. Cup holder in the front of the center console, also a volt meter above the radio.

Feedback Thread

Comment

I'm pretty sure there is an interior thread somewhere where people post tons of pictures of just their interiors. Stock or custom, doesn't matter.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

46 pages worth, although many pics are now missing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	aaaaa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	7197698

Comment

My interior mods are nowhere near the level of the above but I am busy installing some gauges in my radio spot and I put some e36 Leather seats in my e30.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 323i E30 View Post
                    Edit: looks like I suck at inserting a video, so here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53QT0PZ0NQg
                    It even twickles!!!!!!!
                    I think this is cool, how would I go about doing something like this? Got a link for reference thanks

Comment

Originally posted by slum dog View Post
                      It even twickles!!!!!!!
                      I think this is cool, how would I go about doing something like this? Got a link for reference thanks
                      :) Yep!
                      I've made this short write-up before om another forum. Here it is:

Before.

Headliner out, scraping off the old glue.

Divided in smaller squares in order to divide the number of lights more evenly over the whole headliner.
                      Then marked & drilled.

New fabric on the underside of the headliner.
                      It looks grey on the picture, but it is pitch black in reality.

The lighting unit.

Everything in place, fixed with a drip of glue.

The underside of it. Fibers still to be cut.

Then I've put the lighting unit in the trunk, with the fibers leading to it through the C-pillar.
                      NB. It's a touring, which makes the whole job much easier.

Comment

Very good looking other interiors in this thread btw. Awesome.

Comment

Very good looking other interiors in this thread btw. Awesome.
                          What headliner panel is that? I only have a floating liner with a seperate piece in the front for the visors etc. I want to replace the liner but with one panel like you have looks like it would be much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-Z View Post
                            What headliner panel is that? I only have a floating liner with a seperate piece in the front for the visors etc. I want to replace the liner but with one panel like you have looks like it would be much easier.
                            It’s a standard headliner panel for an ‘88 touring.
                            The separate piece for the visors is the luxury stuff, which I don’t think ever was fitted on the tourings from factory. Not 100% sure about that.

Comment

It’s a standard headliner panel for an ‘88 touring.
                              The separate piece for the visors is the luxury stuff, which I don’t think ever was fitted on the tourings from factory. Not 100% sure about that.
                              Yeah tourings came with hard headliners, sunroof models have like a inner foam thing. My cars have already been modified with hard headliners, will try and get a picture up soon
                              what light unit you using more info on that please.
                              BTW thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X