No start after dash reinstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No start after dash reinstall

First, I have no idea why the formatting is making this so f*c*I*N* big! I selected the smallest font. Apologies!

So I’m putting this but it might be IX specific. I am reinstalling my interior and dash after some projects including: floorboard rust repair, leak fixes, complete AC flush (all lines, evaporator, condenser, new TXV) prior to converting to R12a.

I have some issues:

1) Anyone know if this connector is utilized? I don’t see what it could connect to and don’t have it labeled.

2) Before I button everything up completely, I planned to vacuum down the system and charge it with the car running. Problem is the car won’t start! I initially thought the cluster had to be plugged in but still no joy. I have lights. Did I miss something? Feel like and idiot.

No one has any ideas about the no start?

Comment

Is your battery connected?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Thank you for your response...Battery is connected. Got cluster lights.

Comment

Help me please

Comment

The orange connector is airbag related, you can ignore it.

What happens when you turn the key in the ignition? Is the plug seated properly into the ignition?

Did you check all your fuses?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Thanks man. Good to know about the SRS plug. Turning the key yields nothing...no solenoid activity. I tried jumping 11 and 14 on the coding plug and its dead as Aretha Franklin. Any different from directly bridging at the solenoid? I'm going to check all the fuses now. I'll ensure ignition switch is plugged in tightly. Appreciate the tips!

Comment

I'm still an idiot. But it's weird. As I said, I had nothing when I turned the key to start. BUT, when I jumped the pins and bridged the starter posts, I didn't have the key initially on the run position. So after realizing the folly of my way, I just had the key on and bridged the posts. Nothing at first and then the started worked. Then turned the key and she started right up!

Comment

Working...
                X