No announcement yet.

2nd e30, 87 Lachssilber Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting to make things official and to keep me accountable. Today hit 35F outside so the snowy times should be ending soon.

I need to replace steering rack (z3) and control arms along with necessary bushings. Refinish and install my e28 mtech wing. And inspect my fuel lines as I think one might be leaky (under the rear seat area).

Time to work!

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I think I have everything I need. Once I get a little more free time, it will finally get installed.

Comment

Nice! What rack is that?
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Awesome work! Car has come a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Nice! What rack is that?
            It should be the Z3 2.7 ltl rack. That's what I ordered from Rackdoctor but haven't actually double checked the part number.

Comment

Solid build and you won't regret the rack swap! possibly one of the best mod's on an E30. Keep it up homie.
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
              IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post
                Solid build and you won't regret the rack swap! possibly one of the best mod's on an E30. Keep it up homie.
                Thanks, looking to it for sure. Getting some work done on the e30 has been a long time coming now.

Comment

Ok you can not be serious 200 clicks in 3 years of ownership? I just did 1450 miles i in my first three days of ownership! You have to take that beauty out, after all that work.

Comment

Yeah bud, reading comprehension strikes again. I was not talking about myself in that thread. I was referring to the M3 that was posted. I'm not sure of my total miles with this e30 but somewhere around 40k I'd imagine in just over 5 years. And it sat for almost two years with a bum engine.

Comment

Finishing up some work on the e30, just need my clamp rings to show up so I can tighten down my tie rods. But few questions for anyone passing through...

1) Should the coupler go further down on my steering rack shaft? Seems pretty far on but the bolt that goes through isn't sliding in nicely.

2) Anyone ever bolt the rack to the second hole on the subframe? I'd imagine this would change up the steering geometry a bit.

3) Should I push on my CAB more? It was flush against the control arm at one point but I guess as I moved things around to tighten the ball joints it shifted. Nothing really moves right now, so I don't think it would shift while driving.

Comment

Cars and coffee isn't the biggest thing here but with nice weather we normally get about 15 cars. Good bunch of people at least. Here are a few from todays meeting.

Comment

Snagged some photos of my car the other day. Tried playing around with some editing styles in Lightroom but still don't think I have a style that I like consistently. Hope you like these, I had to drive on some bumpy gravel to get to this spot.

Comment

Friggin great photos!

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                              Friggin great photos!
                              Thank you. It's definitely therapeutic for me to get out and shoot some photos.

Comment

Oooooh I can't wait for you to mount that spoiler up! It's going to look so good. I regret doing my Z3 2.7 turn rack in Linda. It's too tight L2L. I've had two cars now with the 2.7 turn Z3 rack, and one with the E46 ZHP rack. The ZHP rack was PERFECT. If I ever did it again, that's the route I'd go. The Z3 rack will transform your car, nonetheless!
                                1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                                1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X