Paint my wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint my wheels.

Like the title states. I have been toying with the idea of painting the centers black, nogaro silver, gun metal, etc. So show me what you got.

Thanks alex

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

how big are those wheels?

Comment

17x8

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Well this is the least I could do for ya. Working on it now.
        Originally posted by z31maniac
        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
          Well this is the least I could do for ya. Working on it now.
          Awsome! cant wait to see.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

No leave them bright, just my opinion.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
              No leave them bright, just my opinion.
              The lips will be, I just want to see what it would look like sence I will be getting them redone soon.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

i like white with polished lips
                  http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Sorry, it was hard to get the super bright wheel down to a believable black level. The darker silver looks pretty good. I tried my hand at gold but failed, and the colors are just for fun. I know you won't like them.
                    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Ughh, I've photochopped Style 5's so many times. It's so miserable deselecting all the triangles!! lol!

AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY │ JASONTBARKER.COM

Comment

Sorry, it was hard to get the super bright wheel down to a believable black level. The darker silver looks pretty good. I tried my hand at gold but failed, and the colors are just for fun. I know you won't like them.
                        For the best looking gold wheels click the black and white feature under adjustments then click the tint box at the bottom...

That is if you are using CS3 or 4 anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by speedminded View Post
                          For the best looking gold wheels click the black and white feature under adjustments then click the tint box at the bottom...

That is if you are using CS3 or 4 anyways.
                          Well I was just about to try this then my CS4 crashed and I hadn't saved the file with the selection done so I'll pass as I'm pretty sure Alex wouldn't want gold wheels anyways.

For selecting the wheels I just used the circle selector for the insides, made a new layer, set the magic wand to like 75 and grabbed all of the bright area, selected inverse, and deleted the darks. Seemed to work pretty well.

I also used color overlay on the layer to get the colors in the wheel. I find it really hard to ADD color any other way seeing as how the wheel starts out as pretty washed out and colorless. Do you use the b/w tint for everything? I'll have to try that.
                          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Well I was just about to try this then my CS4 crashed and I hadn't saved the file with the selection done so I'll pass as I'm pretty sure Alex wouldn't want gold wheels anyways.

For selecting the wheels I just used the circle selector for the insides, made a new layer, set the magic wand to like 75 and grabbed all of the bright area, selected inverse, and deleted the darks. Seemed to work pretty well.

I also used color overlay on the layer to get the colors in the wheel. I find it really hard to ADD color any other way seeing as how the wheel starts out as pretty washed out and colorless. Do you use the b/w tint for everything? I'll have to try that.
                            I've always used the color slider before, while adjusting the curve/levels/exposure to adjust evenly in the lighter and darker spots, but I accidentally did it on a wheel the other day thinking I had a different layer selected and it surprised me. Holy perfect gold wheels! I have not tried it with different colors yet...

Comment

I'll hotlink the .psd for ya 87e30 so you don't have to do it over. I selected the wheel center and subtracted the background using color selecter set at 200. Worked perfect.

*edit*
                              I sharpened the rear wheel to match the front since it was slightly out of focus.

Last edited by speedminded; 11-23-2009, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X