What are your goals??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your goals??

I'm just wondering what people have set as goals for themselves. Simply, where do you see your driving or driving in general taking you?

I'll start.
    Aside from being butter smooth and having a blast on track, I want to be known as a great guy and quick driver.
    I'm also going racing in '04. I don't care if it kills me. I said that for '03 but with my rediculous travel schedule I got less on track time than any time since I started. It was a necessary sacrafice. Ultimately I want to run in a Pro Series in a top flight car. I'm not talking as a "regular" but arrive and drive in a Realtime/TMS level car. I just want to do it once.

Again, db trying to decide where to spend his go-fast $. :?

My long term goal is to become an high performance driving school instructor.

Previous instructors have told me that I have the potential and skills (communication, awareness, smooth control inputs, feel for the car, technical competency) to become an instructor and that all I need to do now is put in my dues and get lots of seat time.

I have 15 track days so far and I need a minimum of at least 25-30 days to be even considered for Genesee Valleys ITS. I should get to that level in about 2 years. I wanted to get to that level by the end of next season, but lifes changes (marriage and birth of 3rd child) prompted a chnage of plans.

Beyond becoming an instructor, I do have the desire to go racing. With 3 kids, that day is several years out though.

Mario

Comment

Work on smoothness, apexing, and alternate lines.

Ultimately, I'd like to reach a point where my skills are marketable enough to get me into a journalist position where I can test drive cars and write my responses and reactions to them.

For now, I'll settle for as much track time as I can afford, and just work on the basics of getting signed off solo.
      Below the radar...

Comment

Racing...some form or another. Obviously, getting paid to do it would be great, but at 23, and not a whole lot of initial capital, the chances are slim. I settle for driving schools and becoming and instructor one day, but if I dont start racing by 27, heads will roll (probably mine).

Comment

I want to be smooth as butter behind the wheel. Nothing beats experience....I have gotten to the point where I need to develop a racing budget in order to get track time..hopefully next season .....

Comment

Being faster then all the Turbo, big engine and P-Cars! :woowoo: :drink:

Comment

Originally posted by EVOIIIM3
              In order to do this, you must first come to the track I want to run a full season of Confrence racing next year. I had my first race a few weeks ago and it went quite well. I am looking forward to doing much more racing in the future.
              -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by SlammedE30
                In order to do this, you must first come to the track
                -Ted

Well lets see last year I did 16 track events! I think it goes out to the track. :pimp:

Comment

Well lets see last year I did 16 track events! I think it goes out to the track. :pimp:
                  Did you really? That's awesome! I never knew you tracked it that much last year! It sure is beautiful for being that much of a track slut :D Glad to hear you're keepin it real :up:
                  -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by SlammedE30
                    Did you really? That's awesome! I never knew you tracked it that much last year! It sure is beautiful for being that much of a track slut :D Glad to hear you're keepin it real :up:
                    -Ted
                    Yea, I did 3 in one week last year. This year I took off to save some $$. I went threw 3 sets of tires, 2 sets of brakes, and a ton off other stuff.

I'm also a instructor for the CCA.

Comment

Smoothness would be my ultimate goal. Of course, eventually racing would be good too and you can't do one without the other, at least successfully. This is the first season I've tracked the car and within 7 track events, I've moved into run group 2. Most instructors have given me a good bit of praise for feel and my ability to adapt to various lines when needed, something they comment is essential for racing. If all goes well (including my other life as a parent and husband), I'll be racing in 2 years. I'm in the process of establishing a budget and goals for racing, and am seriously considering the purchase of a Factory Five Spec racer. Would pull me away from BMW's for a bit but hey, I'd still use my e30 on the track occassionally, to keep it happy.
                      Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

My goal would be getting in some seat time and working on smoothness. It would be nice to have a dedicated track car so I don't have to beat up my only ride.....that in itself would give me further confidence to push it to the edge.

Being an instructor would be rewarding for me. Being able to share with people what I know about track driving to help them get the most out of their cars sounds like fun.

Jon
                        Rides...
                        1991 325i - sold :(
                        2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by e9nine
                          I want to be smooth as butter behind the wheel. Nothing beats experience....I have gotten to the point where I need to develop a racing budget in order to get track time..hopefully next season .....
                          Same here.
                          Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                          EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                          FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                          NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                          Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                          ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i
                            Being an instructor would be rewarding for me. Being able to share with people what I know about track driving to help them get the most out of their cars sounds like fun.

Jon
                            My budget is around $7000 a year for 10-12 track days. That's tires, brakes, maintaince, entry fees (some are free for me), hotel, etc...

Comment

I would like to get some track time and hone my skills. My ultimate goal would be racing as a carrear but im getting started a little late to be any kind of ledgend, so being an instructor or a factory test driver would be AWSOME.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X