Let’s talk about Antifa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    This is what you aren't getting, you feel like YOU should decide what is hate speech, regardless of precedent and case law and the intent of the 1st Amendment.

Again, there is a huge difference between supporting someone's right to be an idiot racist, bigot and actually supporting their ideas.
    This is precisely the issue, and the main reason why they consist of entirely younger hippies/college kids. They think they know better than us poor, uncivilized sheep that don't have a Gender Studies degree so we couldn't POSSIBLY understand what's best for us.

Like Hoff said above, you don't need a legitimate defense or argument when you can simply brand everyone who disagrees with you as racist/bigot/homophobic etc...
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Good God. This ongoing discussion and Hoof's posts are giving me AIDS. People should have the right to freedom of speech and to PEACEFULLY assemble. Decay, your end goal is with good intention, but simply not feasible. A perfect world simply CANNOT exist. I believe in equality and such, but all we can do is let the fools speak their mind and watch them destroy themselves, as fools do.

I understand that you don't want those people in your city, but it's not really helping at all. The police didn't tell them to piss off because they suddenly got conscience. They didn't want to have to clean up hundreds of corpses off of the street. The fact that you did so peacefully does show that the only antifa members that people know of are the idiots that get news coverage because that's what gets viewers. Those aren't the members that SHOULD be getting the coverage. One bad apple can make the whole bunch look bad.

On another same-type of note, Ryan, those pictures don't accurately portray all of antifa and your comment just shows that you're willing to accept the first thing you see. Don't judge a whole crowd based on what you see on the news. Their job is to make people look bad and get "shocking" stories.
      88 325i Cabrio
      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
        Nearly the entirety of the developed world has hate speech laws in effect, and for good reason. Time to get with the times USA, this "freedom" isn't benefiting anyone other than disgusting people free to push their beliefs onto others.
        This comes to mind whenever I hear people cumming their pants to the word "freedom".
        Steve • Toronto
        1991 318is • Brillantrot
        Build Thread

Comment

Bunch of commies in here.
          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
            all we can do is let the fools speak their mind and watch them destroy themselves, as fools do.
            certainly a lot of that going on in this thread. 4chan meme army retards are in full effect.
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
              certainly a lot of that going on in this thread. 4chan meme army retards are in full effect.
              Yepp because instead of civil discussion it’s better to just devolve into name calling. Nice.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                Yepp because instead of civil discussion it’s better to just devolve into name calling. Nice.
                i've been trying to keep things civil here, pretty hard, but i've explained my viewpoints several times and still keep getting described as a college communist.

i turn 40 next year. i've been in the workforce or the military as long as college kids have been alive.

your bias is clearly evident, as you have had no objection to the names i've been called.
                past:
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:

Comment

Starting a thread like this on an online forum in 2017 you should realize that people wont keep it civil and will resort to name calling. Its unavoidable.
                  Steve • Toronto
                  1991 318is • Brillantrot
                  Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                    Starting a thread like this on an online forum in 2017 you should realize that people wont keep it civil and will resort to name calling. Its unavoidable.
                    apparently. sad state of affairs, isn't it?
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

On another same-type of note, Ryan, those pictures don't accurately portray all of antifa and your comment just shows that you're willing to accept the first thing you see. Don't judge a whole crowd based on what you see on the news. Their job is to make people look bad and get "shocking" stories.
                      Yes, just like there are a lot of KKK and White Supremacists that don't go around beating the shit out of people.

I certainly don't believe the first bull shit thing I see; I see this stuff in real life and read multiple articles from opposing views. For every "peaceful" Antifa person willing to shout down opposing views and disrupt events, there are just as many that are willing to throw garbage cans, bricks, and hit people with sticks/bats, etc.

i've been trying to keep things civil here, pretty hard, but i've explained my viewpoints several times and still keep getting described as a college communist.

i turn 40 next year. i've been in the workforce or the military as long as college kids have been alive.

your bias is clearly evident, as you have had no objection to the names i've been called.
                      Hippies sometimes last until their 40's and 50's, you'll get better soon :)

Hypothetically, if I were a Nazi, and decided to rebrand myself as part of a group called AntiHate but still hold all the same Nazi viewpoints and beliefs, does that mean I'm no longer a Nazi?

Comment

Lol sub'd

Comment

apparently. sad state of affairs, isn't it?
                          Yeah it is a sad state of affairs when you call people 4chan retards just because they don’t agree with your tactics for combating white supremacy.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                            Yes, just like there are a lot of KKK and White Supremacists that don't go around beating the shit out of people.

I certainly don't believe the first bull shit thing I see; I see this stuff in real life and read multiple articles from opposing views. For every "peaceful" Antifa person willing to shout down opposing views and disrupt events, there are just as many that are willing to throw garbage cans, bricks, and hit people with sticks/bats, etc.
                            Good job! There ARE those in EVERY group that are non-violent! +1 internet cookie

My point was that there will ALWAYS be radicals. Those are the ones that groups USUALLY don't try to claim responsibility for. All we can do is let them tire themselves out and get arrested for breaking the law while the peaceful ones try and make a difference.

And being a smug prick who thinks he knows everything about people can last a whole lifetime for some. But I'm sure you'll get better too ;)
                            88 325i Cabrio
                            04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Good job! There ARE those in EVERY group that are non-violent! +1 internet cookie

My point was that there will ALWAYS be radicals. Those are the ones that groups USUALLY don't try to claim responsibility for. All we can do is let them tire themselves out and get arrested for breaking the law while the peaceful ones try and make a difference.

And being a smug prick who thinks he knows everything about people can last a whole lifetime for some. But I'm sure you'll get better too ;)
                              I think it's just plain silly that you are under the impression that Antifa's antics are peaceful in any sense; they're literally preventing free speech. You know, the thing that typically separates us from other shithole countries around the world?

Whether or not they throw bricks or loud hissy fits in front of groups that are exercising their right to that speech, they're still trash.

I'm many things, smug may be one of them, but at least I can take comfort in knowing that I'm not part of group dedicated to the suppression of free speech and viewed as a domestic terrorist member by many normal/rational/contributing members of society :)

We all hate Nazis, but I don't think it's OK to go around with common phrases such as "Punch A Nazi" proudly displayed at every event.

Your moral outrage is not more important than people's rights in this country.
                              I think most SJW's have forgotten that little bit of information.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                                For every "peaceful" Antifa person willing to shout down opposing views and disrupt events, there are just as many that are willing to throw garbage cans, bricks, and hit people with sticks/bats, etc.
                                still having trouble reading, are we?

antifa ourselves are a small subset of the population willing to mobilize in protest. most of the people who marched in the streets in counter-protest wouldn't identify themselves as such.

the people you're talking about are black bloc, as identified in the CNN article lambo linked. they're a bunch of pissed-off squatters living in abandoned warehouses in oakland. i actually know where one of those is; i lived a couple miles away from them until i moved to SF a few months ago.

the statement that they aren't helping the left's image is absolutely accurate.

what's not accurate is to say that all of antifa are looking for a fight- "stand in defense" would be much closer to the truth.

how many hippies do you know that enlisted in the army at all, much less in a combat arms job? they don't tend to be the kind of people who kick in doors and clear rooms. (btw i went through fort mccoy in your state. and good lord was i ever bored as fuck. except for the two times i got leave and hooked up with college girls in la crosse :P )

Hypothetically, if I were a Nazi, and decided to rebrand myself as part of a group called AntiHate but still hold all the same Nazi viewpoints and beliefs, does that mean I'm no longer a Nazi?
                                isn't that exactly what the alt-right has done?

i care not exactly what kind of fascist people call themselves. i have a problem with the ideology.
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X