No announcement yet.

BEST tire size for 16x8 with adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're not fitting more than a 205/45 in the rear with late arches. I have my arches pushed out as far as they will go, and a little further ( :( ) and there is still some rubbing. I'm on full poly bushings in the rear so it's not the subframe moving around.

This is GCs with race plates up front. As low as the car can go without sectioning the front strut housing and leaving the collar in the rear. I now have the collars in the rear out so it's lower than this.
    91 318is - Gone
    16 VW GTI
    07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Well that blows. I guess I'll ditch my style 5's
      Worlds 1st LS powered e30 cabby.
      Cab
      billac: 92 Lagunengrün cabriolet + cadillac LQ9 + Nitrous + rotiform SJC

Raphael: 88 Lagunengrün IX + Hella 500's + Red ACS type 1's

Shaggin Wagon
      : 01 325xiT 5 speed

91 MR2 GT3076TS + E85 = 505whp + antilag = wheelies
      88 CRX OEM+ 42mpg DD.

Comment

The issue is the inner fender, not something you can fix, unfortunately. If you need to fit rubber you have to go lower offset. 16x8 +23 is 16x8 +5 with the smallest adapters to do the job. You can do a fill n drill though.
        91 318is - Gone
        16 VW GTI
        07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

BEST tire size for 16x8 with adapters

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435447117.787315.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	7177465just so you have an idea... Front is 205/45 gt radial champiro (?) and the rear is a 225/45 nexxen... My fenders are rolled all around but my car isn't as low as it used to be.

Also on 18mm adapters up front and 20mm in the rear both made by 42draftdesigns
          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bmk View Post
            Bump this old thread seeing whats the largest someone has run on style 5's with spacers
            Bump
            I have a early model lowered on low tec springs.

Comment

Wondering this myself for e38 style5's

-E
              -ALaS

Comment

I'm thinking of 215/45/16 but not sure

Comment

215/45 will be fine, only tire I've found available in that size is falken azeni.. Very good summer tire, just be cautious in the rain/snow they become very slick when it's not warm.

sigpic

Comment

Falken azenis don't even last long either. Does your 225/45 rub in the rear? Have you ever put 225/45 in the fronts?^

Comment

True.

These are 205/45s on bilstein sports hr race with e90 drop hats and no spring pads.

This is 225/45 nexens on coilovers

Rub a lot but I just rolled the rear fenders and obv no fender liner up front and it was okay. Still rubbed on harsh bumps. Nexens are shit tires btw.
                      sigpic

Comment

205/45 aren't as 'stancey' as you may think. I liked the mild stretch. Now, a 195 would be pushing it imo. But you could even go with a 205/50 honestly. Lots of great tires in that size range too.

sigpic

Comment

sorry for bump, but I have the same question with a small change.

I have 87' 325i and I bought style 5 e38 wheels.
                          I make a 5 lug conversion with a e36 hubs, what is mean that the offset change by 12mm (negative).

So I want to fit this style 5 e38 wheels with 225/45/16. the offset will be ET11 at front (after the hub adapters) and the width is 8".

It will still rubbing? I was make a little fender rolled on the fenders front and back.

car is lowerd by IE stage 3 springs with koni sport shocks. I have a spring pad now (9+3) and thinking to change to 3+3 and e90 drop hats if possible.

Thanks and sorry again!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by FaragMan; 02-04-2018, 06:02 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

im running 16x8 style 5. i have 205/40/16 on a late sedan. i had to roll my fenders, i still rub in the rear. im running low. h&r cup kit
                            1989 325ix(sold)
                            1989 325i sedan s52 powa (current)

Comment

I'm running 225/45R16 and my rears have rubbed, due to PO's setup. I'm trying to decide what to do next. I'm considering:

Buying flat Apex 17" wheels in the group buy and running 215/45
                              Running 205/45 with my current wheels, no roll
                              Rolling my quarter panels a bit more and running 225s again with new tires

Has anybody tried these new dunlops?
                              Dunlop Direzza ZIII

Comment

I am putting a set of 16x8 Formula TRs with a size 205/55 tire on tomorrow and I’m using 5mm spacers. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X