Let’s talk about Antifa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decay View Post
    if you think murders of black people in oakland don't get "put on the back burner", you might need to think about your own "specific gravity".
    How many of all murders involve black people, how many occur as a result of gang violence so witnesses can't come forward because the killer lives next door? It's easy to paint a picture of black victims being ignored, but when you look at the stats it's unsurprising. Make up a small percent of the population, make up significantly more victims per capita, hell they make up more just in total. They're also responsible for 85% of murders in Oakland, don't wanna push that stat though do you?

Comment

yes. without community outrage, it would have been deprioritized and gone cold-case.

what i was getting at with the dating a cop angle was addressing your assertion that i don't know anything about them or what they have to deal with. do you have enough space in your head to remember *the last thing you just said*?
      1) That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Literally no law enforcement agency is swayed to perform a certain way for fear of retribution from protesters in a murder case. As everyone already knows, Antifa members have this excruciatingly bloated sense of self importance that you've displayed with this absolutely comical statement.

2) Yes, I remember exactly what I said. I just couldn't believe that you, having dated a cop and allegedly listened them talk, STILL thinks that mobilizing a bunch of people to shout at the sky is what solved a murder. Thank God for your divine presence, I'm sure that helped more than a bunch of officers and detectives pounding pavement and actually doing something to help solve the case.

I wish you guys could mobilize everywhere and help us catch all these bank robbers and carjackers here!
      2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
        1) That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Literally no law enforcement agency is swayed to perform a certain way for fear of retribution from protesters in a murder case. As everyone already knows, Antifa members have this excruciatingly bloated sense of self importance that you've displayed with this absolutely comical statement.
        you don't know oakland PD.

and your memory does fucking suck, because i've said twice now that antifa was less than 10% of the presence. the community did this, i was just a participant.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

you don't know oakland PD.

and your memory does fucking suck, because i've said twice now that antifa was less than 10% of the presence. the community did this, i was just a participant.
          I don't know Oakland PD? Is it magically unlike every other major PD in the USA and has unlimited resources, enough patrol cops, well working equipment, up to date technology, regular training and legal updates, and high morale?

No? Then I have pretty good idea just how it is because I live it in a 6-3 rotation from 11p-7a.

Yes, less than 10%, I read that. I'm saying anyone who thinks any amount of protesting is what solved this case, or pushed the police to solve it as quickly as they did, is an idiot.

Comment

do you know how many murders happen in the bay area and *don't* wind up in the NY Times?

yeah, those are the ones the cops don't bother going after.

pretty simple...
            That's what I thought.

Continue defending this comically irrelevant group.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

i've been to wisconsin. madison would be considered a small city in CA. you might be surprised that policing becomes more difficult at big-city scale. to the point where the community has to call to action to make sure problems get addressed.

yeah, good job on bart PD for utilizing their resources to get the guy. i got my ass off the couch because some fucking nazis showed up to counter-protest a vigil for a murdered high-school girl and i'm not fucking okay with that, and i really don't give a shit if you take issue with it.
              past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

i've been to wisconsin. madison would be considered a small city in CA. you might be surprised that policing becomes more difficult at big-city scale. to the point where the community has to call to action to make sure problems get addressed.

yeah, good job on bart PD for utilizing their resources to get the guy. i got my ass off the couch because some fucking nazis showed up to counter-protest a vigil for a murdered high-school girl and i'm not fucking okay with that, and i really don't give a shit if you take issue with it.
                Policing across America, from small to medium to large PD's have the same basic issues, and that isn't going to change any time soon in the current climate. I've also been around Milwaukee PD and MPD officers, Chicago PD and their officers. They have it worse, no doubt, but the root issues are exactly the same. No reason Oakland would be any different.

Counter protesting Nazis protesting a vigil = OK.
                Claiming that protesting helped the police in any way solving that murder = False, and not OK.

Comment

Policing across America, from small to medium to large PD's have the same basic issues, and that isn't going to change any time soon in the current climate. I've also been around Milwaukee PD and MPD officers, Chicago PD and their officers. They have it worse, no doubt, but the root issues are exactly the same. No reason Oakland would be any different.

Counter protesting Nazis protesting a vigil = OK.
                  Claiming that protesting helped the police in any way solving that murder = False, and not OK.
                  i'm not saying we helped (though there were people hunting the asshole independently of police action). i'm saying they were less likely to catch the guy so quickly (if at all) without a demonstration of public outrage to prod them into action.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

i'm not saying we helped (though there were people hunting the asshole independently of police action). i'm saying they were less likely to catch the guy so quickly (if at all) without a demonstration of public outrage to prod them into action.
                    And I'm saying with as much certainty as one can have in life, that you are wrong. If it makes you feel better to believe that in your heart of hearts, so be it.

Comment

And I'm saying with as much certainty as one can have in life, that you are wrong. If it makes you feel better to believe that in your heart of hearts, so be it.
                      if you believe that the police are absolutely the only means of justice available, i'd like to point you at the nearest history book.
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

if you believe that the police are absolutely the only means of justice available, i'd like to point you at the nearest history book.
                        Find me a better current alternative for actual justice than modern law enforcement.

What justice do you believe you and any other protesters provided in this, or any other murder case? Or any criminal case for that matter. I'm talking real, tangible justice like fines, forfeitures, or jail time. Doxxing a Nazi and putting his address on FB isn't exactly justice, but you can count those if you must. Once you've compiled that list, compare it to even your most understaffed or under funded police departments in any state and you'll see that the PD is very heavily in the winning column.

Even Flint PD, clearing less than 20 felony cases a month due to lack of staff, with their average of 50+ calls pending every hour of day, does more good in one week than every single member of Antifa ever has when it comes to serving communities and bringing resolution and justice to victims and their families.

Comment

why do you think organizations like the black panthers and antifa came about?

sometimes the police can't do their jobs. sometimes they just don't. sometimes they are the hostile actors.
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

Your stories don't match local news reports.

It was "rumored" a white supremacy group was going to show up at "a bar," hence the protest, which was later joined by the memorial march that started at the station the evening of the murder.

Your protest did jack shit.

An anonymous caller called the police that they had seen getting on a train, and quickly arrested him.

Is this why you were so lax on providing details?
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

why do you think organizations like the black panthers and antifa came about?

sometimes the police can't do their jobs. sometimes they just don't. sometimes they are the hostile actors.
                              You might not wear a mask, but with all the work you've been doing, you should at least have a cape.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                Your protest did jack shit.
                                wrong. we area-denied the proud boys from spouting racist bullshit at/around a young girl's funeral vigil, and i'm pretty sure at least one of them won't be coming back.
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X