Removing driveshaft enough for motor+trans pull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing driveshaft enough for motor+trans pull

Bentley asks me to unbolt the driveshaft at the diff in order to remove it at the guibo. Is this req? My car is a manual m20 with the vibration damper. I have the three bolts that go thru the back of the damper off, collar at splined connection slacked, center bearing unbolted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5090.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	7255111Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5091.jpg
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	7255112Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5089.jpg
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	7255113

There's a rubber bushing at the front of the driveshaft that transmission tail piece sits in. You'll have to pry the driveshaft/guibo back far enough for that to clear.

Comment

Thanks got it. No need to remove the driveshaft connection to diff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What job are you doing? If it's just replacing the guibo, providing you can push the front half of the drive shaft back far enough on the splines you might get away with not unbolding the diff. If you're doing the centre bearing, or replacing the transmission, then take the whole drive shaft out - trying to do things under the car will just be a PITA with the shaft in there.

EDIT... sorry, just checked the title - for a motor / trans pull, I'd still remove the whole driveshaft as it'll make sorting the shifter linkage etc. easier having it out of the way.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
        X