'91 318is - Intro - A work in progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love the color and the wheels

only suggestion is mount the tires in the direction they were intended for. I cant tell which way the passenger front is mounted but pretty sure the driver front is backwards

Comment

wow. looks awesome mate
      Tim.

Comment

Beautiful car, I think the ride height is perfect, Once it settles it will be a bit lower. The wheels match the car perfectly. Keep it as is, and also, keep the m42;) many people don't appreciate it, but it is a fine motor.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
        VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Here's some more with the e46 325xi touring. The wife washed/waxed it today and wanted me to post up some pictures.

My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

15 February 2011 - Washed, and update!

Ok so it's been months since I last updated this thing. Felt productive today, so decided to wash the car. Plus, we had some awesome weather (the only good thing about Florida) so I took advantage of it.

Just a few snaps from the aftermath of the wash.

Ok, so.. just some mods that I've done in the last 4-6 months.

New shock mounts all around.
            OEM Mud Flaps (needed them)
            Powdercoated valve cover/intake
            COP Kit from HQAutosport (great kit, highly recommended.)
            New Plugs/Wires/Injectors
            Deleted "the mess under the intake."
            Black door pulls/map pockets
            Installed crack-free dash
            New OEM hood insulation
            Installed used windshield washer reservoir (old one leaked.)
            Installed OEM Steering Rack
            Deleted fan (going to put in my electric shortly.)
            New (used) window switches
            And many more!

Next Mods/Maintentance:
            1. Power Steering Delete (sick of it.)
            2. New Shift Knob and boot (blunt, looking at that mtech illuminated..)
            3. New Water Pump ("adverse weather conditions" has delayed my shipment.. sucks!)
            4. ??????
            5. Profit!

Comments, questions, concerns?

Thanks for looking.

Comment

Looks great, very classy at that height. S50!

Comment

Wow, that thing is stellar. If you want a bit more oomph, get a MarkD chip for 93 octanes. It will wake the motor up, if that doesn't help, get an m44 crank and some s5x pistons. I drove one over the weekend, talk about a torquey 4 cylinder.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Great work mane. Engine compartment looks awesome.
                  Euro ellips though

]Real sht

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                    Wow, that thing is stellar. If you want a bit more oomph, get a MarkD chip for 93 octanes. It will wake the motor up, if that doesn't help, get an m44 crank and some s5x pistons. I drove one over the weekend, talk about a torquey 4 cylinder.
                    I do have the Mark D 93 chip.. it's awesome. I went from a Dinan chip and noticed a big difference. What's this about s5x pistons and an m44 crank? Is that all that's needed to mod this for more torque..?

Honestly, I would like to keep the m42, but I fear when it goes I'm just going to drop an s50 or s52 in and call it a day.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Comment

Wow !

<3 this car.

Tasty.
                      -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Very Clean.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nairb View Post
                          I do have the Mark D 93 chip.. it's awesome. I went from a Dinan chip and noticed a big difference. What's this about s5x pistons and an m44 crank? Is that all that's needed to mod this for more torque..?

Honestly, I would like to keep the m42, but I fear when it goes I'm just going to drop an s50 or s52 in and call it a day.

Thanks for the comments guys!
                          The m42 has an 81mm stroke and 84mm bore. Puts it at about a little less than 1.8 liters. With the m44 crank the stroke is increased to 84mm and with s52 pistons, the bore is increased to 86mm. The increase in stroke and bore, it will net you at about 1.95liters. This gives the more a healthy dose of power.

Comment

Wow! coming together nicely, gives me inspiration .

Whats up with the purplely tints?

Comment

Very fricken nice my man.

This car has come a long way!

Great color. Engine bay looks well cared for and sorted out. Powdercoated even, not painted. I kind of like the "stance". Still that high with 15mm hats? HR sports ( I have too, so I guess I need to get the hats myself.

Just awesome. Very inspiring, as others have said. Keep it up!!

Interior is great, wish I had the tan sport seats instead of my crappy "comfort" seats. (lies, all lies).

Wheels/tires awesome. I want some style 5's myself, but ...dammit man, redrills???!! Good choice doing what you did. Think Im going to rethink redrills too.

EDIT: Feeling the mudflags ... I love them. Definately gonna rock some soon on my calypso.
                              sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

@trackjunkie - Wow, I just might have to do this. Thanks for the lead.

@NightFox - Don't know why the camera shows it like this, but they are definitely not purple at all.. I just have an old camera. Also, the tint is only about 6 months old, so it's not aged.

@txtorquemade - Thanks for the comments! I hadn't even cleaned the engine bay, so it's pretty dusty, but it still looks pretty good. Yes, the front is still that high with the 15mm drophats. If I could change my suspension, I would get the HR race.. my setup is not as still as I would like. I'm thinking swaybars in the near future.

Also, the wheels are not the style 5's. I heard that you might need to roll your fenders if you get the 5's, so I just got some staggered BBS RS 039/040. They are 16x7.5 in front, 16x8 in the back. Tires are slightly stretched in the rear (bought them like this) but they still look decent. (No herrafrush for me, thanks.)

Honestly, I love the mudflaps. I think they look great, and they are very practical for my area.. we get a decent amount of rain here, and people run their sprinklers, which usually ends up in a huge puddle in the road.. I can go slow through the puddles and not splash shit up all over my car. Also, the paint on my rear valence started to peel after a couple months because dirt and water was constantly getting thrown against it.. now it needs a repaint.

Comment

Working...
                                X