The Official Spring 2012 Smoky Mtn. BMW Brodeo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Spring 2012 Smoky Mtn. BMW Brodeo

The Official Spring 2012 Smokey Mtn. BMW Brodeo!

**RSVP Through Facebook Event HERE**:
    http://www.facebook.com/events/175154699255233/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When?
    Thursday May 31st - Sunday June 3rd 2012

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Where?
    Vogel State Park Campground, Blairsville, GA

The plan is for our group to occupy campsites 23-30. These are considered 40ft Sites with full amenities.

Originally posted by Vogel State Park Website
    [i]will hold one of the following pieces of equipment: 1 tent, 2 tents, a pop-up trailer, a trailer up to 40', or a motorhome up to 40'. The site has water, electricity, picnic table, grill, and fire ring. Comfort station in campground along with access to a washer and dryer. Only 6 people per site allowed. Only 2 vehicles per site allowed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Who?
    Anyone who owns and/or appreciates driving BMWs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why?

- Campfires
    - Brunswick Stew
    - Twisty Mountain Roads
    - Awesome People

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Itinerary

Thurs. May 31st
    * 12PM-6PM - Meet & Greet / Setup Camp / Check-In
    * 6PM-??? - Campfire Hangout Time

Friday June 1st

* 8AM-10AM - Breakfast
    * 10AM - 4PM - Group drive (route usually determined the night before)
    * 4PM-6PM - Dinner
    * 6PM - ??? Campfire Shenanigans

Saturday June 2nd

* 8AM-10AM - Breakfast
    * 10AM - 4PM - Group drive (SixGap Run?)
    * 4PM-6PM - Dinner
    * 6PM - ??? Campfire Shenanigans

Sunday June 3rd

*8AM-9AM - Packup Camp and head out
    *9AM-10AM - Group Breakfast
    *10AM-11AM - Say Goodbye

** We will try our best to stick to the itinerary but keep in mind the times are tentative depending on weather and group activities.

*** Saturday night is usually "Drink up what's left and build a giant campfire fire" night and Sunday usually ends with the group leaving the campground together and eating breakfast.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Information!

Where do I sign up?
    Best way - RSVP Through the Facebook Event (see top of thread)

OR

If you don't have Facebook just respond in this thread that you plan to attend and I will add you to the list.

What Should You Bring?
    - Tent (each campsite is required to pitch 1 tent - Per Park Rules)
    - Fire wood (no, you cannot chop down trees in the park)
    - 2 Way Radio
    - Food & Drinks
    - $25 per campsite per night (up to 6 people per campsite)
    - Plenty of Gas Money
    - Bug Repellent
    - Flashlight
    - Plastic Tarp
    - Your License, Proof of Insurance & Registration

Additional Campground Information

- There are bathrooms with showers (YAY!)
    - Sites have electricity and water.
    - Drinking is prohibited (unlike Look Rock this is a dry State Park)

Who's Coming?

For the most up to date info check Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/events/175154699255233/

* RobertK
    * PrestonK
    * borrihong

Last edited by RobertK; 02-19-2012, 07:09 PM.

First.
    "Drinking is prohibited (unlike Look Rock this is a dry State Park)"
    Thank you sweet baby jesus!
    :shifty

Friday we are maybe driving to 129? Looks like someone copy/pasted and failed... noob.

Comment

We are definitively getting a ranger visit. This is not good for rally business. :(
      1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
        First.
        Thank you sweet baby jesus!
        :shifty

Friday we are maybe driving to 129? Looks like someone copy/pasted and failed... noob.
        Funny, you posted this the exact same time I edited.. I already have a wife to correct me now you too?

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post

We are definitively getting a ranger visit. This is not good for rally business. :(
        From what I've read online if you keep it incognito and don't attract attention to yourself you will be ok.

Comment

Well this IS the day after my birthday... So I guess I kinda HAVE to go huh?
          -Alex

Comment

looks like the widow wont make this one, I'll have to show up in a RK-mobile
            sigpic
            "evil always prevails....because good is dumb"

Comment

Originally posted by borrihong View Post
              looks like the widow wont make this one, I'll have to show up in a RK-mobile
              I would hope we will have your car finished by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
                Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                From what I've read online if you keep it incognito and don't attract attention to yourself you will be ok.
                If we got a ranger visit at Look Rock, odds are in favor of one happening where imbibement is actually frowned upon...

I'm in. I really hope to have my E30 ready to make this one.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                  Funny, you posted this the exact same time I edited.. I already have a wife to correct me now you too?

HAH

hahahhahahahaha

Comment

Holy Shit Balls...

Just FYI that Wolf Pen Gap Road is like a crazy road. It has crazy switch backs and seems like it is only 1.5 cars wide. Can't believe it is that close. Dang... we going to get ourselves in some trouble hah

Also what do you guys think about heading down south to Alpharetta(My hood) and go run some real karts? They are inside. Do 35-40 MPH. I have coupons for it. Might be a good day trip for us on Friday. During the day no one really goes so we can get right in and roll out. I think it would be a good change of pace instead of just driving around. It's right down GA400. Prolly a 1hr 30 min ride down which would include a few twisty roads and a little highway fun.

Comment

Hellboy f'in fingered me!

so i googled this wolf pen gap rd...

found this link....they claim this loop that includes that rd is georgias dragon....wow ok now c'mon n e way it got good reviews....

Comment

The road is ridiculous... test drive of my M52 after ground controls...

Part 1 - Blood Mountain/US129
                        Part 2(Starts at 1:45) - 88/Wolf Pen Gap

Enjoy... there are some good roads they are just not as long as the roads we are used to.

BMW, E30, US129, Blood, Mountain, Wolf, Pen, Gap, 325is, M52, 24v, Swap, Ground, Control, automobiles, high speed, cars, extreme driving

Comment

LMAO who ever left that first comment is high as shit...o man youtube's funny

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                            Also what do you guys think about heading down south to Alpharetta(My hood) and go run some real karts? They are inside. Do 35-40 MPH. I have coupons for it.
                            Sounds like fun. Out of curiosity, what sort of cost are we talking about?
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I've been wanting to make one of these. Hopefully I can make it to this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X