My 1988 e30 325ix - Garage'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
    Sssquid did the tuning for my swapped E30 and it runs perfectly with his tune. He will help you out if you don't understand something and he will make sure you are satisfied with you purchase.
    Dang where was this information before I committed? I'm honestly going to have to go MSPNP I think. Just feels like I've wasted 400$. Hopefully I can sell it for 300$ somewhere and regain some of the loss to jump ship without too much stress on the wallet. Thank God I have another car to drive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm still waiting for more than a three sentence response from Miller Performance or really anything that's useful. There is no nice way to say they have essentially zero customer service or support.

That being said, I've taken the chance to do some things. I waiting on a DT Crimper to put in a DT Connector in place of the C191 and depending, the O2 sensor connection as well. I also ordered some weatherpak connectors for blinkers and city lights and probably anything else.

I'm planning on putting some UV dye in the engine to see if I can pinpoint the oil leak referenced above. That leak could be a cause for air/fuel being off.

I will post pictures of the C191 process. The information is out there, but it could be better documented.

Comment

Cleaned up the wiring for my blinkers. I originally just set it all up to make sure I could get it to work and it was a mess. Now it's much cleaner and easier to disconnect.

Before and after:

Comment

Here is a better view of the cleaned up wires.

Comment

Went to a car show over the weekend and saw a lot of cool cars. You guys are my only form of social media so I am sharing.

Comment

I believe the water pump failed last night. Took it to the dealer last night around midnight. I guess this is normal. 70k on the clock, like it just turned over to 70k and the water pump died.

Comment

I decided that since I had the time I would make a Deutsch DT connector for my C191. It was a pretty easy job, but I did make some mistakes that we're easily corrected. Turned the car on last night and it fires right up and sounds healthy af. Happy I don't have to wonder about this plug any longer. I will mention that I did check continuity on the old plug connector and it seems I had full continuity, but electricity is weird and although that may be the case there was no way for me to stress test the old connector. I'd recommend this to anyone thinking about doing it. I actually might just do all my connectors at this point since they look and perform so much better.

Comment

Oh, here is what the injector harness side looked like I finished it. Much cleaner.

Last edited by jeenyus; 06-13-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

It was about time to get my front bumper conversion completed. I decided to paint the bumper. Did it in my backyard so it could have been better based on that alone, but all in all turned out great I think.

Comment

I still have some aligning to do, but project plastic bumpers is officially completed!

Last edited by jeenyus; 08-02-2019, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Man, that car show looked pretty fun. Definitely a nice collection of imports.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                          Man, that car show looked pretty fun. Definitely a nice collection of imports.
                          yea it most certainly was a good surprised heading out there for a drifting event and stumbling upon a pretty great car show and a time attack event all at the same time. Good day for sure.

Comment

Spent an exuberant amount of time painting a new alternator bracket. My old one was missing some teeth toward the top so I got a used one and fixed it up.

Comment

I'd say I'm officially done with my front bumper conversion. I would like to cover the trim in matte black vinyl to match the rest of the car, but other than that it is done. Added the rubber grommet, which I think makes it look much more completed.

Last edited by jeenyus; 08-02-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I noticed some rust in my wheel well and it turned into a can of worms with poor news. Gonna need to have someone weld in some new patches of healthy metal. It's a bummer, would be less of a bummer if I could weld and it didn't need the carpet pulled back to weld.

Comment

Working...
                                X