Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it looks like the $45 k9 one except with a glass sensor and $140 more. Installation will be about the same I would imagine.

my keyless has been working fine since I installed it 2 months ago for what its worth.

Comment

Did anyone notice?

Q5Quint got the lights to flash when you lock and unlock the car. This how i wired mine (under the dash) on my old car.

Comment

Yeah the lights do flash btw, the ladies love it.

Comment

So to know whether it will work or not. When i unlock the trunk all the other doors unlock right? THis means it will work no prob?

'05 Jetta TDI
          '87 325iS: Facelift, Hella Smoked Ellipsoids (RIP)
          '80 320i: 500lbs lighter, Rally/Drifter (SOLD!:( )
          '90 Jetta: Stock Daily Driver (SOLD)

Comment

yes i have it on my car. !5 minutes and your done.

Comment

ok so i had it installed was working fine then all of the sudden the unlock only worked no locking. I tried everything nothing worked. So i ordered a new box i install this box and now the locking works but the unlocking doesnt. Anybody have any ideas?

Comment

will the key still work w/ keyless installed? ie if you lost your remote...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PУCCKAЯ_e30
                  will the key still work w/ keyless installed? ie if you lost your remote...
                  yes

Comment

Hey did u end up selling those wheels and tires on ebay, or do you still have them, if yes send me and email JohnTVK@comcast.net

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by M3fan4eva
                      I have seen a great alarm on the following website.. let me know what you guys think,, if it's a good buy....

http://bmwalarm.vstore.ca/index.php/...1509174065268e
                      ok, that's pimp! I am so gonna get one of those!

Comment

quick question....for keyless entry to work, i need a fully operational power lock that locks and unlocks all doors, correct?

when i lock my doors i hear a electrical motor go but nothing moves....is that good enough?

Comment

Just bought my Ebay keyless entry. Thanks for the write up, the install should be a snap.

Comment

What make and model of keyless system are you guys getting? All the ebay links that were up are invaild now.
                            Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Here you go. MyPushCart sells them very frequently on ebay.

'88 325is
                              VP UT of Austin Autoholics
                              BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Ah awesome thanks

If that link goes down and someone is wondering its:

Remote Control Keyless Entry System by Omega Research
                                Model REC43 - Brand New Model!

Thanks again
                                Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Working...
                                X