• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1st Annual E30 SE Rallye

What is set as of now (Feb 01-07):

Where: Chattanooga, TN
    When: June 1st-3rd, 2007
    What: "Drive the Dragon" set for Saturday morning, E30 Concours (meet & greet) "car show" w/people's choice judging and BBQ/cookout
    Last edited by RCWells; 02-01-2007, 01:59 PM.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

East Coast meet shold be central - like say, in Cincinnati? :-)

Seriously, though, we do have a decent indoor karting venue, the Original HofbrauHaus from Munchen, and some other decent things to do.

Have it here so I dont have to travel, and I'll line up the venue(s).

And its 10 hours from NY/NJ, and 13 from Central FL.

Another good option for East Coast would be Asheville, NC - beautiful country, and in the mountains.
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

[quote=DaveCN;564551]East Coast meet shold be central - like say, in Cincinnati? :-)

Sounds good to me! That or DC.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE30325i
        fuck washington we should do it in colorado
        too hot
        Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
        Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Somewhere with a track, please.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

then i have no ideas. phoenix has a few tracks but it is too hot for most people here

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              Somewhere with a track, please.
              That'd be great, but the cost may be fairly high, but more importantly, the insurance requirements and/or the requirement for instructors may be a stumbling block.

Putnam Park in Indiana runs somewhere in the ballpark of 8k a day, I've heard, but I am sure they have some stringent requirements for participants. I think they include corner workers and an ambulance and wrecker in the cost.

If we had enough expereinced drivers and could have a verifiable tech inspection, etc, maybe. But it may be more than you realize to put something together like that.

And face it, if it costs money, you may get 40% of the "put me down for sure" crowd that actually comes through - look at group buys!!!
              Current Cars
              2014 M235i
              2009 R56 Cooper S
              1998 M3
              1997 M3

Comment

The idea is to get together, check out rides, hang out, do some drives, eat, drink and be merry. It would be great to have some organized activity to all participate in, but not necessary to do a "track day".

Ashville sounds great to me. I would even be down for making the Dragon THE place to meet for this sort of thing.

Whatever we do, I would like it to be so damn cool, that we would all want to do it again year after year. I'm even down for a campground area and bringing tents and whatnots. Grilling out and just chillin'.

It can be w/e the whole decides, again, it's for "us" so we can do anything we want.

Comment

I'll have a buddy of mine make up some bad ass t-shirts for us and print them. We can take orders at a later date and bring them with.

We will need to be deciding things in the next few weeks so we can contact places if necessary for reservations and stuff as well as allow people to set aside the time to participate and plan for it.
                  Last edited by RCWells; 09-19-2006, 07:04 PM.

Comment

You bastid, you plan this now that I'm an extra 7hrs further from the east?!?!?!

If I can get away from work long enough, I'll be there. So much for the M3 having under 100k miles

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
                    '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
                    '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
                    SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

I'm in!

East coast, 3 days, vendors, Saturday night party, Rallye, tech sessions.

Comment

Please make this as farther south as you can.... Carolinas would be great. If it's near VA I might as well take the auto-train there :)
                        Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                        FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                        NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                        Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                        ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

A Train

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
                          Please make this as farther south as you can.... Carolinas would be great. If it's near VA I might as well take the auto-train there :)
                          Just did. Not bad. Would be a great party!

Comment

How much did that cost you?
                            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Cost

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
                              How much did that cost you?
                              188 for the car, 122 for pax, 28 for the cognac, priceless for the memories. the seat over was a beautiful girl who is a car show model, laptop pics proved it. and there was a BMW motorcycle rider who just got back from BC on a 2 month tour. the ride from VA to FL had about half as much as the train would hold so most everyone got 2 seats for the price of one. i would def do it again. get the soFL boys interested and it could be a great road trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X