No announcement yet.

The Official 2014 Formula 1 thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So in the post race, did anyone besides me notice Hamilton fixing his hair up like every second the camera was on him? From the time they got into the backroom right after the race, up until and while on the podium, he was fixing up his retarded little "mohawk".

Comment

Actually, yes. But what I noticed was he had his back to th camera and looked, to me, to be getting his emotions in check after hearing of Bianchi's condition.

Originally posted by vlad
      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

You could see the shock on Rosberg's face, I think hamilton was more concerned with his rogane hair than his emotions. Same thing a few races ago when he kept the towel over his head the whole time... We get it dude, your going bald, your dad is bald, just accept it and shave that nappy shit off!
        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

yeah I started going bald
          i keep it shaved.way easier. no more barber visits
          Directly above the center of the Earth

Comment

These spammers are getting good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Official 2014 Formula 1 thread.

Am I the only one who thought the Sochi race was really boring? I think Pirelli brought the wrong tire.. The fact Rosberg managed to do 52 laps on a set. RBR had no chance of victory because of it shows that they should've brought the softs as the prime and the super softs as the option.They were so outmatched powerwise and they couldn't use pit strategy to their advantage.
              Last edited by HennaE30; 10-20-2014, 07:38 PM.
              Originally posted by flyboyx
              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
              Originally posted by Northern
              beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
              Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
              Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
              '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
              Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

All street circuts suck, Monnaco included, yeah I said it. Snore I want to see a race not some pretty post card with a nice backdrop, and Sochi wasnt even that.

Comment

Sochi was massively boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm interested to see how COTA delivers with these new cars. It seems like a track that would suit RBR a little better, with 3-10 essentially being high downforce/lateral grip corners, as well as 13-15. Although I think the Mercedes power will dominate solely because of how long that back straight is, even with ERS and DRS I don't think Renault powered cars could keep up.
                    Originally posted by flyboyx
                    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                    Originally posted by Northern
                    beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                    Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                    Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                    '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                    Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

This season is really lame. You know it's bad when they have to feature the "Battle for 11th".

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Their were some decent battles throughout the pack, but yeah battles for the win have become predictable and rather boring.

DRS has had an inverse effect imho. Instead of one car putting pressure on the lead car lap after lap, you now have them pass after maybee 3 laps in a rather easy fashion, and thus no race long drama/battle.

Hamilton has been heads above Rosberg in the races this year. Riccardo looks to be in the top 3 drivers in the field this year. Hamilton, Alonso, and Riccardo are clearly at the head of the class, and not in that order neccesarily.

Based on Vettels performance this year in a less than perfect car, I wonder how he will do in a Ferrari that has its share of faults. Clearly he is not coping well with the RBR. I wonder if he is a driver who needs a car suited exactly to him. Unlike, an Alonso who seems to be able to get the most out of whatever car he is given. Next year will prob show the true skill level of Vettel.

Comment

Yeah it was definitely fun watching Alonso drive this weekend.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                            This season is really lame. You know it's bad when they have to feature the "Battle for 11th".
                            LOL, I noticed that too. Commentator is like look at this battle for eleventh and it is not even into points, other commentator says, well you got to win eleventh in order to get to tenth.

As long as the attendance is good in the races, Ecclestone and FIA don't care to improve the entertainment value of the sport.

Comment

looking forward to 2015 season. hopefully they will have some better sounding engines...

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                                Based on Vettels performance this year in a less than perfect car, I wonder how he will do in a Ferrari that has its share of faults. Clearly he is not coping well with the RBR. I wonder if he is a driver who needs a car suited exactly to him. Unlike, an Alonso who seems to be able to get the most out of whatever car he is given. Next year will prob show the true skill level of Vettel.
                                What is interesting is often early in the season in previous years, Webber had Vettel's measure when the car was a pig to drive & they were developing the new chassis, then RBR would iron out the wrinkles to Vettel's liking & Webber would drop off. This year, obviously the car is just a pig to drive all year - Riccardo seems ot be able to handle it, Vettel not.

There was an interesting interview with Räikkönen post race where he pointed out that the Ferrari understeers terribly, and he can't work out why / can't drive the car as he'd like. Alonso copes better with it - but I remember in his 05 / 06 championship years the championship winning Renault understeered an unbelievable amount, where Alonso would tip it into the corner and then just let the nose wash out to the outside of the track. Hardly surprising then that the Ferrari doesn't phase Alonso set up like that.

Bring on 2015 - RBR should have it together, and McLaren will be Honda powered :) Hopefully Riccardo can give Vettel in the Ferrari an absolute spanking. Of course the other rumour is Alonso may have his own team by buying Lotus?
                                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
                                X