Value of E30'S by region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of E30'S by region

Hello there my E30 obsessed brethren. I just have a quick question for you all, and hope some of your combined wisdom can answer it for me.

I have a 1987 Zinnoberot cabriolet, literally mint interior, 5 speed manual, in overall great condition. I named her Ute (pronounced oo-t-ah). I have found myself in the unfortunate position of needing to let her go.

I live in CT, but my brother is in Tampa, FL. Do you guys (and gals), have any idea of the value differences in the two regions? This information would be of great help to me.

I thank you all in advance for your much appreciated assistance. I trust and value your input.

-Trees

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I´m from europe so I cannot say a thing about it, but I assume in Florida there is more market for a convertible or cabriolet. Or sell this it in CT in spring or begin of summer. This is the worst time to sell a convertible.

The best advice I can give you is removing the bumpers and trunk for some European ones. Maybe other wheels and this car is probably worth 3000 more. You are probably not wanting to sell it anymore because it´s such a beauty, you will regret selling it

Comment

Down here in Texas (similar to FL) that car should fetch $4500-5500

Comment

Cars like that sit on the Phoenix Craigslist for a very long time at the 3k mark.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

A car like that just sold for $7,300 on BaT a few minutes ago. That doesnt mean yours is worth that much though
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            A car like that just sold for $7,300 on BaT a few minutes ago. That doesnt mean yours is worth that much though
            Bat?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fakeplstctrees View Post
              Bat?
              Bid for the chance to own a 1990 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,937.
              1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
              1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
              September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
              Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

It will be easier to sell in FL but I doubt it will actually be worth more there.
                My Garage
                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by adjmcloon View Post
                  Down here in Texas (similar to FL) that car should fetch $4500-5500
                  that part.

sold my 91 318i vert calypso for 5500 with 210k on the clock. That being said i had a substantial amount of work in paint, wheels, and suspension.

I would say you could get 5k for that just by looks, more or less depending on condition of everything else.
                  i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

convertibles are all over south texas craigslist for 2500-6k. but, they are all over it for months and months and I never see them drop off so they are not selling at the price being asked.

Comment

I agree it took about two months to sell my car. One reason I sold it was it's too hot here for a vert. I would only put the top down after 730pm really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Fall is a good time to sell a Convertible in Florida, you'd have to be cold blooded to want to drive around with the top down during the summer here.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

It will be worth more in CT if you sell in the April timeframe. Condition is everything in the Northeast, and yours is clean enough to stand out. People pay a premium for rust-free in the NE, but in FL, rust free is an expectation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                          └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Working...
                          X