E92 info needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E92 info needed?

I think it's the E92 model? Two door is what I'm asking about. Daughters first car and she likes the 2000 to 2005 models, just showed me a picture of one on the internet. I have no clue about these models so I'm asking for some help.
    What year do they start, end, what's the best model, etc...

Black on black is all I know so far.
    Who knows this car, please chime in.

Thanks!
    88 M3 Diamantschwarz
    89 M3 Zinnoberrot
    56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

I believe the E9x chassis started around 07.

You might be thinking of the E46 if she likes the 00-05 models. Personally, I only like the E92 M3, but definitely look into getting her an E46 330ci if you want a good coupe. Be sure to get those subframes checked, too. E46s have a problem with faulty subframes.
    "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
    The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post
      I believe the E9x chassis started around 07.

You might be thinking of the E46 if she likes the 00-05 models. Personally, I only like the E92 M3, but definitely look into getting her an E46 330ci if you want a good coupe. Be sure to get those subframes checked, too. E46s have a problem with faulty subframes.
      Copy this and thank you!
      88 M3 Diamantschwarz
      89 M3 Zinnoberrot
      56 Isetta

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
        I think it's the E92 model? Two door is what I'm asking about. Daughters first car and she likes the 2000 to 2005 models, just showed me a picture of one on the internet. I have no clue about these models so I'm asking for some help.
        What year do they start, end, what's the best model, etc...

Black on black is all I know so far.
        Who knows this car, please chime in.

Thanks!
        If it is not too late... I have a 2007 E92 335i (E92 - Coupe) I-6 Twin Turbo / StepTronic & PaddleShifter... E92s come in a 328 also... 4 doors are called E90s ... Also I'm selling mine...

Comment

An E92 is going to run around 12-15k for a decent one. You'll probably be looking at 328's which are good cars. But an E46 might make more sense, I don't know your daughter but it's a first car so it's likely to get beat up a bit.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

So if you go E92 (which the first year for the coupe was 2007) go with a 325/8i. The 335i had much more power not sure you want that for her first car, thats up to you, but is also much more complicated and the earlier years had high pressure fuel pump problems. THe 325 and 328s were pretty bullet proof engine wise, I would get a 328 if you could though the 325 was a bit under powered.

If she really wants an 00-06 the E46 model go with a 330i, the price difference these days between the 330 and 325 are basically non existent anymore, as Ulrich said they had subframe problems (I did on mine but it was only $600 to fix as long as it wasnt completely torn through). The later models -05/06 seemed to fair much better, and if you can find a ZHP model its a really sweet car. I currently have an E93 M3 and use to have an E90 330i and I also owned 2 E46s. I love them both but the E46 is much easier to work on, lighter and just fun to drive, it is actually one of my most favorite cars I have ever owned.
            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

honestly I would look for the 2006 330i.
              bummer they only made them for the first year of the e90 chassis

Comment

Appreciate the info guys, very very useful when it comes time to purchase one for her.
                Thank you
                88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                56 Isetta

Comment

E90 330i 6 speed isn't actually that heavy. It's around 3250lbs depending on options. Auto, big wheels and nav add weight of course.

The 335i is a couple hundred lbs more, and another 50hp stock.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

+1 on the 2006 330i. Last year of a great engine, and you got the newer body style of the e90. I had one and it was a great car

Comment

i honestly wouldnt even bother with the n54 engine. way too many documented problems.
                      my vote would be a 330 or 328 unless you can afford the 335d

Comment

#troll
                        get her a e63 318is couldn't ask for a better car myself. I drive it as my daily. very economical.
                        sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                        1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
                        1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                        1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
                        (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                        1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                        2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
                        2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Working...
                        X