Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone relocated their washer fluid reservoir / bottle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone relocated their washer fluid reservoir / bottle?

It's huge and ahead of the right side turret in my '95 coupe and I'd like it not to be.

The obvious answer is a boot mounted bladder, but I'm not a huge fan. Has anyone got any cunning relocations into the wheel arch or elsewhere and know what fits?

Thanks

On the turbo E30 I'm doing right now we relocated the washer bottle to where the ABS pump normally resides, using a cheap, aftermarket bottle and pump. Let me know if you would like to see pics, I'm sure one of these bottles could be places in several locations.

Wait, did you say '95? I don't know on E36.
    sigpic
    1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Sorry, '85...

Pics and a link to the bottle would be great, thanks

Comment

I would say run without, but you guys can get a pretty hefty fine for that in the UK, right?
        20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

I relocated mine to the trash.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I pulled mine to clean, cause it was dirty as hell and I just never put it back. One day I'll clean it and put it back in. I wanted a new one but I think they were like $80 last I checked.
            Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
              I relocated mine to the trash.
              ^^^

I have a idea. You might be able to find a washer bottle off a car with a smaller size one and find a way to drill a hole to fit in E30 pump and it will decrease the size enough to maybe relocate to under somewhere...... just a idea to kick around might make you think outside the box at other ideas....

if you want to spend the money "Chase Bays" makes a compact washer res.

i have no personal experience with them but they come in black anodized aluminium. You might be able to do both washer and coolant (maybe) and relocate to fire wall...... again just some ideas :)
              PERSON 1 - "It whispers to me at night...and convinces me i have to spend all my earnings on it...and buy all this stuff....to be cool...and be euro."

PERSON 2 - "Oh your married too?? Oh you mean the car....yes ....yes i agree...:shock:"

Comment

Originally posted by alistairolsen View Post
                Sorry, '85...

Pics and a link to the bottle would be great, thanks

Of all the pics I have taken of this damn car building it, I apparently haven't taken anything detailing that corner of the bay. You can see the bottle here though, it's just mounted on a simple aluminum bracket we fabbed up and bolted where the ABS pump used to be:

This looks like the bottle we used, looks like a bunch of ebay sellers with slight variations:

We haven't actually tested the system yet though, we finally put the hood on this week. I hope that pump has enough ass to push past the OEM check valve in the hood.
                sigpic

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

You can mount a 325ix reservoir. It mounts in the battery tray used for cabrios and weak engine models.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                    You can mount a 325ix reservoir. It mounts in the battery tray used for cabrios and weak engine models.

Surprised no one else has suggested this yet, somewhat common on turbo cars.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X