E30 Power Window Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Power Window Motor

Passenger side power window motor seized up and I'm trying to replace it. Are the motors different from the left door to the right? It's a coupe.
    Probably a dumb question to ask, but I want to be sure.

Yes, different part numbers from left to right. Realoem should help you.
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

I might have a used right side motor I could sell you. Need to double check.
      1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
      1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
      September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
      Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

No way to get a driver side motor to work?

Comment

I have a used motor available as well.

Comment

Originally posted by InflatableWolf View Post
            No way to get a driver side motor to work?
            Mhm there is replace it :o

51 33 1 370 839 part # for LEFT FRONT AND LEFT REAR or 51 33 1 386 987

you have to double check those both.

IDK if it matters about what year you have or not but you can always BMW and call parts and just ask them how much by your VIN and before you hang up just ask for a part number.

but i would take the door panel off and double check its getting correct voltage.
            PERSON 1 - "It whispers to me at night...and convinces me i have to spend all my earnings on it...and buy all this stuff....to be cool...and be euro."

PERSON 2 - "Oh your married too?? Oh you mean the car....yes ....yes i agree...:shock:"

Comment

I always took them apart and cleaned them and they worked. I just like to tinker with stuff when it quits so I learned you can do that.

you can soak fuel pumps in carb cleaner over night and use a battery with some jumper wires to power them forward and backward and get them cleaned and working again, also. I have done that a bunch of times

Comment

Update:
                Working with a guy to get the correct motor (he's sent me two wrong motors already)
                I did take it all apart, pull the regulator and motor. Motor is pretty much shot, got it to move again, but it takes dips in power but is getting the correct voltage so something in the motor is going out. The regulator also has a bad roller, like it's bent and won't turn, so possibly that might have put extra strain on the motor?
                Anyways, should have a motor and regulator coming soon LOL

Comment

Originally posted by InflatableWolf View Post
                  Update:
                  Working with a guy to get the correct motor (he's sent me two wrong motors already)
                  I did take it all apart, pull the regulator and motor. Motor is pretty much shot, got it to move again, but it takes dips in power but is getting the correct voltage so something in the motor is going out. The regulator also has a bad roller, like it's bent and won't turn, so possibly that might have put extra strain on the motor?
                  Anyways, should have a motor and regulator coming soon LOL

Yea motors usually brake the regulators before the regulators brake the motor .....depending how bad it is of course...... Good luck with it hopefully you'll get the correct one .... you didn't have a part number on the old motor?????
                  PERSON 1 - "It whispers to me at night...and convinces me i have to spend all my earnings on it...and buy all this stuff....to be cool...and be euro."

PERSON 2 - "Oh your married too?? Oh you mean the car....yes ....yes i agree...:shock:"

Comment

FYI...the harness connector by the door hinge is famous for having bad connections that effect window operation
                    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                    Alice the Time Capsule
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

I used one of the motors that was sent to me to test the power, and it works fine. Only problem is it's the wrong side. Gotta love eBay LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X